All reviews personal training outdoor gym prestige suite free shuttle beach bar great teacher breakfast buffet is camp fire kids club real paradise grilled fish overlooking the beach moroccan food whole week relaxing stay half term agadir airport
Reviewed 26 January 2017

I was lucky enough to be whisked off to this stunning surf / yoga retreat in Morocco at the beginning of December and it served as an ideal winter retreat in the run-up to Christmas.

An hour’s drive north of Agadir, Paradis Plage is perched on the edge of the North Atlantic coast and was the most beautiful resort we passed en route to our destination. It sits on an uninterrupted stretch of golden sand (albeit a bit dirty when the tide goes out….) and is unspoilt bar the odd camel and a few horses – a fun touch whose owners didn’t bother us at all.

Our spacious apartment consisted of a powerful shower (no bath), separate toilet, double bedroom, galley kitchen/hallway and large lounge opening onto a huge terrace with sun-loungers overlooking the pool and the ocean. There was also what can only be described as a strange balcony inside the lounge which was only visible if you opened the curtains – a fun novelty! The bed was not very comfortable and it would have been a real treat to wake up to ocean views from bed - as opposed to an uninspiring blank wall. I’d recommend you research available bedroom options depending on your preferences.

The highlight of this trip for me was the opportunity to get fit and do one of three yoga classes every day (or do all three!) – 8 am / 11am and a sunset session at 5:30pm. Our instructor was a fantastic chap called Karsten; a former dancer whose enthusiasm was infectious and expertise unsurpassed. He practises ‘yin’ yoga which calms the mind and stretches the body by holding each pose for at least five minutes – which felt like an eternity in some of the more difficult postures! It is a gentle but intense form of the discipline which is excellent for beginners and suitable for veterans seeking to hone their technique.

Classes were small and numbers capped to maintain the intimate vibe so get there early to reserve a mat (although this was never a problem during our stay).

I did all the classes but nothing beat the magic of the early evening sunset sessions - the Shala is perfectly positioned in line with the setting sun offering unparalleled views of the sunset and moonrise. Nothing quite topped the magic of arriving to class in the sunlight and leaving in the moonlight….

Surfing, swimming and group exercise were also on offer and the other half joined a small group of surfers for an excursion further along the coast. The surf in this part of the world is world-class and super powerful so beginners would be wise sticking to small classes offered at the resort.

We enjoyed breakfast and dinner at the resort every day and the food was delicious. It was pretty expensive mind you and there are very few local alternatives so you have been warned. We tucked into a tagine most evenings and a ordered a sublime Chicken Pastilla on the night of my birthday – this particular dish needs to be ordered 24 hours in advance and is a sweet and savoury Moroccan pie (typically served on special occasions) which is traditionally filled with pigeon, roasted almond, sugar, cinnamon and eggs wrapped up in a pie. We were given every assurance that we were eating a chicken version of the dish mind you! The chef had been slaving over our order all day and was beaming from ear to ear when he finally got the opportunity to serve us with this exquisite creation – clearly it doesn’t get ordered very often (either that or he really had dished us up a plate of pigeon!!). The entire staff then dimmed the lights, lit some candles and serenaded me with a hearty rendition of Happy Birthday as they presented me with an enormous pink birthday cake that had been prepared especially for me that day – amazing!!! Everyone joined in and I was only too happy to share my delicious chocolate and strawberry cake with all the other diners - most of whom I knew already having shared so many classes together!

The other major highlight for me was the spa – we enjoyed an authentic couples Hamman, full body massage and massage on the beach – wow! Nothing quite beats the decadence of being pummelled into oblivion in the warmth of the sun whilst listening to the sounds of rolling waves – total bliss! The treatment menu was comprehensive and advance bookings are definitely recommend to make sure you don’t miss out!

Overall, I would definitely come back to this resort because it is guaranteed sunny weather only a few short hours from London and the opportunity to practise yoga every single day in such exquisite surroundings - with the odd massage thrown in for good measure - made me feel fit and fantastic!

Room tip: Any room overlooking the ocean!
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MintLeafCottages
Jaafar E, General Manager at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Trina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such lovely comments following your recent stay at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, the perfect location in the heart of the Moroccan South and all the well-being sides of our Hotel, with Yoga, Surf, SPA, Outdoor Fitness, making it a truly re-energizing experience.

The balcony on the inside building looking at the Patio’s fountain is an original type of architecture in Morocco called « Riad ». We have 4 Suites that have this characteristic. I hope it wasn’t too much of an inconvenient.

It is wonderful to know that you appreciated the attention to details of our teams, and especially Karsten, always striving to provide an exceptional service.

Please be assured that your kind words have been shared with all the teams who were so proud to read your message.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to your Moroccan house.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Went for the first time to Taghazout and Paradis Plage is the perfect location to enjoy the Moroccan sun ,Learn Surf ,relax your soul&body with Yoga courses and taste Moroccan food !! We stayed 4 nights and I am going back soon for sure !!
-Service was great by all the staff in the different areas of the hotel, always courteous and inviting.
-Rooms are big, very well cleaned each day with comfy beds that made me sleep like a teddy bear especially after the surf sessions.
-there was a choice between a la carte restaurant and a Buffet and both were good. really enjoyed the "mrouzia" dish in the a la carte restaurant, a great Tagine !
-Surf learning courses were funny and I would like to thank Khalid,Hassan and Rachid for their efforts to teach us such a beautiful sport. they were very patient with all the beginners especially and always assist you in the water to develop your technique.

Overall a great place in Taghazout and the 4 nights stay with my girlfriend was exactly what we needed before going back to work and kickstart 2017 with a lot of energy !!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jaafar E, General Manager at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Dear Hicham,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, the perfect location in the heart of the Moroccan South Surf Spots, the ‘beautifully appointed rooms’, and our Restaurants, making it a truly Moroccan experience.

It is wonderful to know that you appreciated the attention to details of our teams, always striving to provide an exceptional service.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon at Paradis Plage.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

A surprise that I did not expect. This place has great food, drinks and snacks. There's three different styles of onsite Yoga which was fabulous. The spa is a perfect way to spend your time when not doing yoga, surfing or enjoying the large pool or beach. The staff is very courteous, warm and inviting. I can't think of a single negative about this place. Book your spa early; it fills up fast.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jaafar E, General Manager at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about your experience at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort.

It is a real pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the bespoke service provided by our team as well as the decor of the hotel, the wellness activities, the location and the meals served.
We all take pride in making our guests’ stay the most unique and memorable one and are delighted to know this really makes a difference to you.

I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to your Moroccan home!

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Beautiful location, well kept gardens and grounds. The room was very clean and the food was fabulous. Plenty of choice regarding the food and lovely surf house serving fabulous lunches.
Walk straight out of the hotel onto the beach!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Melanie P

Dear Melanie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments following your stay at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort.

It was a pleasure to read that your kind words about the “Beautiful” location of the hotel ideally located in the heart of the Souss Region in Morocco, facing the beautiful Taghazout beaches. I’m also very glad you have enjoyed our different restaurants and the fresh fish of the Chiringuito during your stay.

I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Paradis Plage.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just visited this hotel for the first time with our four month old baby and we couldn't be more pleased for her first trip abroad.

This is the prefect gateway for families looking for a kid friendly place and some winter in the sun. Taghazout is a chilled and laid back place, best for people into surfing and this hotel is a good way to spend some relaxing time on the beach outside of surfing / yoga hours.

The staff in general is amazing starting with Élise, their client manager who is incredibly professional and responsive, always with a big smile on her face!

Only area to improve would be the quality/value of a la carte food, especially their beach bar. Great location but slightly plain meals for high prices.

Everything else was perfect and we'll definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about your stay at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort.

It is a real pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your experience at our hotel.

I am as well delighted to read all your very kind words about the attentive and bespoke service provided by our teams and especially Elise.

We all take pride in making our guests’ stay the most unique and memorable and are delighted to know this really makes a difference to you, and even more for your first family all-together trip!

Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the team for gratitude and improvements and that you will always be more than welcome to your Moroccan home.

I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!