All reviews free shuttle trincity mall shuttle service yogurt an overnight stay free breakfast following morning every hour on the hour trinidad wayne proximity midnight taxis hie
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

So I went few times to this hotel due to business : to make a quick review ;

Service is so slow it impact all the other good points.
First trip I travelled a lot to come here and decided to take a nap in the afternoon, someone was hammering the wall next door(maintenance) I called 3 times, nothing happened, so I couldn’t take a nap.
By definition an hotel is a place to sleep in my opinion maintenance should be done but at the first complain it should be stop in emergency. It’s like if you go to a concert of music and there is a building company working just close by.

Another trip ; curtain was blocked, I called for assistance 30 min after no one was here. I tried to fix it by myself and when I called to tell that it was ok, I understood that no one was coming...

Anyway I am not sure about the customers quality here but We are far from the we “fix your problem in 15 min or we refund” from others brand “ibis” by example.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hi Bordow86,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport for your lodging needs and for leaving us feedback.

I understand that we fell short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay particularly with the staff service and noise from our maintenance team. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and I appreciate your feedback. As IHG wants to make your every stay flawless, your thoughts are taken into account and are shared with our hotel management to be used as a reference to better your next experience with us.

Again, thank you for letting us know about your experience and in line with this, I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return, Bordow86!

All the best,

Peter J.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I stayed here after flying in from the USA. This hotel is by no means fancy, but it's fine for one night. The gym has some okay cardio equipment. Continental breakfast is served in the morning. Room was fairly quiet. Took awhile for the water to heat up in the shower. The drive from the airport is only about 10 minutes.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hello Katherine T,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; we value feedback of all varieties. I am pleased to know that you liked our convenient location from the airport, good breakfast and fitness facility. On the other hand, I'm sorry that our shower took time to heat up. Know that I've addressed this with local management and I am confident that appropriate steps will be taken so similar situations may be handled in the best possible way. Again, thank you for your loyalty and we're looking forward to welcoming you back once again very soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed in Trinidad several times and at different hotels. Obviously, this is a newly built hotel quite convenient being so close to the airport, so with an early morning flight it was ideal.

Upon arrival the check in process whilst the staff were pleasant enough they were not welcoming, very transactional interaction.

The rooms were very clean, however, no drinking water was in the room and the vending machine was out of order.

At least it was only one night, let’s hope service will improve.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hi Brenda B,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are glad to hear you found our location convenient to your needs and found your room clean.

I am sorry you were made to feel that way at check-in. I have also taken note of your comments about the drinking water and the vending machine. Please be assured that this is not the kind of service our hotel aims to provide. Your comments will be used in our continuing education meetings to ensure that something like this does not happen.

Many thanks for the feedback and for staying with us. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we would love nothing more than to welcome you back and deliver an experience you'll be sure to remember.

Connie D

Reviewed 25 March 2018

When I got to the hotel, I was immediately greeted by Wayne and Shane, both very attentive and extremely nice, hospitable people. The room was fine, though a little musty and the housekeepers were very lovely and accommodating to my needs. A nice breakfast with a lot of options is served each morning and including in the cost. Since there is no restaurant on site, there is a free shuttle to the nearby Trincity Mall anytime you want to go, where there are a lot of food options and a grocery store. I was here for medical reasons and everyone kept asking me what they could do to help, asked me how I was each day and were genuinely caring. The property is safe, clean, people are very nice, there is an outdoor pool and an adequate gym facility. I spent a lot of time outdoors by the pool in the evenings which was very nice. Overall a good value and good experience. I would return.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I've stayed at many Holiday Inns in the US. Was skeptical about the Caribbean but this place was like Holiday Inn Home. Everything was just as great..from the bed to the food! Great customer service and amenities. Was even pleasantly surprised by their comp shuttle service. Well done!!

Date of stay: February 2018