Bali Bhuana Beach Cottages
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewspool areabeach frontfishsunset boat tripgreat location on the beachsmall poolpancakesupstairs roomrooms are cleanopen airview of the oceanlipahbungalowbaliscrubdivingkuta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for a drink and stayed for lunch, Great location on the beach with an infinity pool. The food was good and the barman gave me an ice bucket to keep the Bintang's cold while I sat by the pool. Although I didn't see inside the rooms the grounds and the pool looked good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We loved this place, so peaceful and relaxing! Surrounded by lush, mature, tropical plantings which provide great shade. The bungalows are fairly basic and could do with a good scrub but all we needed. The pool was smallish but has great views of and steps from the private beach. Situated at Lipah beach in Amed, it is by far the best beach area in Amed. Last year we stayed right down the other end of Amed (hotel Utah) but this end is much nicer. Amed is a place of natural beauty and the drive along the coast road back to Candidasa is spectacular, must do!

Room Tip: Bungalow 1 is closest to resto, pool and beach. We stayed in bungalow 2, perfect! There are only 12 rooms in complex, choose a bungalow.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I stayed at Bali Bhuana Cottages for 3 days in June and it was a lovely relaxing break. The place is actually in Lipah which is just up the road from Amed proper.
My upstairs room was large and comfortable, opening onto a spacious deck. The filtered water supplied in the room meant I didn't have to continuously buy more plastic.
The welcoming watermelon juice on arrival was a nice touch.
One of my bedside lamps didn't work but I didn't bother to mention it. If I had I'm sure one of the friendly staff would have fixed it.
The continental breakfast included excellent mee goreng and nasi goreng as well as porridge, eggs, pancakes, toast and fruit. Good quality snacks were available all day while I was there.
Pleasant pool right on the beach front, and should you choose to swim in the ocean, you will step off the beach and immediately be among the coral and tropical fish and turtles.
If you are looking for a Bali that is quiet and relaxing, you might just find it here. There are several very good restaurants in easy walking distance, and an excellent spa right across the road if you feel the need for some pampering.
I would go back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2017

i just stayed here for one night but it war terrible. First the room we checked in Air Condition was not working, when complained the guy said we can change the room, he switched AC in 2 near by rooms and asked us to check after some time and shift in any of the one we like. Second there is no telephone in the room to call the room service or reception, we literally had to shout from the balcony or go all the way down to reception. Staff was pathetic. Food was also not good. The only saving point was the view from the beach ( though the beach is not that much clean) but a beautiful night sky with numerous stars made it good.
Overall terrible experience. But money saver. i regret booking this hotel.

Overall rating 1/5

Room Tip: Try to book villas on the ground floor near beach
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017

15 of us stayed here in June and found it excellent value. The rooms were large, pool area and location perfect. The staff were lovely. Ask the locals to arrange a sunset boat trip to Jemuluk and have fish and fire on the beach!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs were nice and bright.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends