“excellent ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

we visited a relative of my wife and he took us to the taverna. first of all. it is just great. it was sunny but due to the season end of October a bit too cold to sit outside. nevertheless the restaurant has a great view overlooking Assisi. the food itself is marvelous. I had pasta norcini and cinghiale as a lunch menu for 12 euro! my wife tagliata and tortino die porcini. wonderful! just go there and enjoy yourself and the fine food plus good service. but watch out the courses are pretty big!!!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

I was very welcomed, very friendly service, good food and reasonable prices. I was sitting outside with nice view. Portions were quite generous. I would recommend this place for any peraon who like nice atmosphere and good food.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

The pace is really nice. Great service yet the angus meat was very average. Test of the dishes were pretty good. It looks like a very local hangout. Nice deserts and good wine selection.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

The food was simply outstanding . We read reviews stating that it was expensive but I disagree and the food is worth ever penny. The chef came by our table and spoke with us. Very good service. Would go there any time. It is very very good. Don't miss out

Reviewed 18 July 2016

This restaurant has a great view and our food was very good. When we arrived for lunch there were 2 occupied tables out of about 30. No wait staff was present and we looked around for several minutes. Finally staff emerged from the kitchen to seat us. We are English speakers with only a few words of Italian. The waitresses looked bored and agitated that we could not communicate. No smiles. We felt most unwelcome. There were specials on a board indicating 3 courses for either 13 euros or 15 euros. When we pointed to those they said no and pointed at the menu.

If you ordered the specials separately they would be about $50 euros for each person with no drinks.

The other tables had bread, olive oil, salt and pepper, balsamic. We have to ask to get these basic items. Our service was slow, uncomfortable and badly delivered - one entree was delivered as we were getting up to leave thin king they just forgot it.

I give them 2 stars only because the food was very good.