Wivenhoe House(Wivenhoe)
US$149
US$128
US$76
US$71
Premier Inn Colchester (A12) Hotel(Colchester)(Great Value!)
US$74
PremierInn.com
Holiday Inn Express Colchester(Dedham)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$92
  • Restaurant
Blue Ivy Hotel(Colchester)
US$138
All reviewssunday lunchfamily lunchthree coursessteak and ale piestable blockhanging basketslovely pubcomfortable accommodationan evening meallovely eveningcooked to perfectiontea coffeea lovely staylovely roomstayed one nightfull englishan overnight stay
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I visit this part of Essex on business regularly and have often driven past The Court House and wondered what it was like. I booked a room for the night and a table for dinner. I could not wish for a more friendly and welcoming place to stay. From arrival to departure it was top notch. The room was clean, tidy and comfortable. I ordered a Steak and Ale pie for dinner as I'd heard a rumour that the food was 'good home cooking'. That was so true! I have to say it was one of the best (if not THE best) pies I'd eaten. Bar/waiting staff were so jolly and talkative, I felt like I'd know them for years. This is a welcome change when working away from home. Can be a lonely life on the road sometimes. I look forward to visiting them again very soon.

Room Tip: Try the pies! Truly delicious.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Accommodation comfortable, appreciated the large fluffy towels! Large car park. Evening meal was excellent, breakfast superb. The staff welcoming, friendly and accommodating. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ensuite room in 'stable block' was very comfortable
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Once again had a superb evening at the Court House with my friends
The specials menu proved a hit with us all the meat pies were as usual well filled and tasty
I had the lamb and mint pudding which was just so good
The special beef and vegatable stew with dumplings was also well received
Deserts were lively and the service was warm and friendly nice to chat with the landlady as usual
Overall a forest end to a day out with friends

Room Tip: Although we didn't stay the pub offers accommodation either in the main building or chalets
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We have had a lovely stay in The Court House in their beautifully decorated bedrooms. We had a very nice dinner, lovely food and we cant praise it enough.. highly recommended! We will be back :) Thank you

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife and other relatives have eaten here many times during different days of the week. I must say that The Court House is money well spent. It is the best food, drink and the atmosphere is especially friendly. Give it a go. You will leave belly full and very happy.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple