“Authentic”
Review of Holy Moly

Holy Moly
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Most flavoursome, authentic Mexican in England. Beats the chain equivalents hands down! (Written whilst sitting in 'Tortilla' in Nottingham!)

1  Thank Julmul

Reviewed 2 August 2017

First came across this wonderful restaurant one afternoon of wandering around Newark, I live in Lincoln so don't know Newark too well and it was late afternoon and me and my friends were in desperate need for some lunch! Came across Holy Moly with its amusing name and chalkboard quote and the prices looked extremely reasonable and they did veg pizza, me and my friend are vegan so asked if they could do it without cheese and chef happily said yes but offered vegan cheese instead! Was very suprised as even Pizza Hut don't offer vegan cheese! Also got ourselves 2 Desperado beers from the fridge and you open them yourself and put the cap on a table, very fun and casual. Pizza came after only about a 10-15 minute wait and is looked amazing and tasted even better! Absolutely lovely flavours and not greasy either, cooked to perfection. The music and whole atmosphere is lovely too and makes you feel like you're in a real Mexican bar/restaurant.
Told my mum about it and we went back the following month, it was just as amazing and she was blown away by the taste, and she's hard to please!
All in all, amazing food for fantastic prices (at the time of writing, the veg pizza is £5.70, and £4 Mon-Wed) and great sized portions!

1  Thank JennaStarar
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Exactly what it says on the tin, at a good price.
Its a quieter midweek evening, so there's no rush or hustle. The food however is still delicious, would happily recommend it to anyone, they got my partner and I's spice-levels just right :) I'll be back fairly often.

1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Wow just out of the way up stodman street this place is outstanding. Myself and my family loved our Burritos. We had 3 pork and 1 chicken burrito, they weighed about the same as a small baby (well nearly), will be returning. Very reasonably priced and the owner is really nice.

1  Thank 17Mike9Karen
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Driving home late from work one Thursday evening, wondering how to avoid being in trouble with my wife having promised to provide dinner, I recalled that I had read a glowing review of this little Mexican restaurant in the local paper. Why not try it, thought I...well, what a great decision. We ordered over the phone to be told that food could be ready in 10 mins, perfect. My wife and I shared a chipotle chicken burrito and a pork conchinita burrito and both were really good. The food tasted really fresh, very clean and authentic. The pork in particular, ordered just a little hotter than medium, tasted amazing. The restaurant itself is very clean and tidy inside, not exactly the place to take someone out to a romantic dinner for two, think more a place to pop into with friends for a great bite to eat or likewise with the family. Quick and easy. The burritos (we had the larger option) were a good size, we finished up pleasantly full and thought they were good value. Like the other reviewers I hope this place is a success as it was really nice to find such nice Mexican food in Newark or anywhere else in the area. We will certainly be going back and are looking forward to trying the pizza too.

2  Thank BritOnBoard