“Big birthday celebration”

Rushton's
Ranked #18 of 231 Restaurants in Newark-on-Trent
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Cuisines: European, Seafood, British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Bistro, a la carte, private dining and parties.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I celebrated my 50th birthday at Rustons last Saturday and wanted to say it is a little gem of a restaurant. The food was out of the ordinary and the menu catered for gluten intolerance as well as vegetarian. (It could easily meet the criteria for the coeliac society). My party covered three generations and everyone came away very contented in every way. My fiancée organised a special cake which the restaurant allowed her to take during the afternoon, whilst they were shut. (Steve waited for her).
All in all the venue, the service, the food and the atmosphere was wonderful and I would very definitely recommend this restaurant.
Brilliant. Satisfied and happy. Thank you.

1  Thank Jane L

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Great welcome and superb food. Ingredients (carpaccio, soft cheese, halibut and chicken ) really good and well prepared. Great French background music. Service attentive but not fussy.

1  Thank John A
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Had two wonderful meals over the past week! The hot seafood platter is amazing! The steaks were Cooke to perfection. Went back and had the special fish pie the best I have ever tasted. Very good service.

1  Thank janechris048
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My friend and I found this restaurant when we decided to take a wander towards the river. Absolutely beautiful food and a very friendly service. I had corn-fed chicken followed by strawberries and cream; each dish was excellent. Couldn't fault it if I tried. Our host was wonderful and very kind.

1  Thank peggitylisa
Reviewed 15 July 2017

I don't know how we had missed this gem. I can only say it was an outstanding meal and a wonderful experience. We loved this restaurant and will certainly make it our main eatery in Newark. We had the scallops with black pudding followed by the Chateaubriand steak ( for 2 persons ) and finished it with Crepe Suzette. All were cooked to perfection. We loved the ambiance and can't wait to return. Excellent value and excellent and friendly service.