“Exceeded expectations”

Ranked #39 of 228 Restaurants in Newark-on-Trent
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Real Burger Co & The Real Fish & Chip Co Serving the finest gourmet Burgers & Fish -Chips the perfect setting for two of the nations favorites
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This was my first visit and I must admit I did not have high expectations.

The service was good and very pleasant.

The menu choice was much better that I had expected with a good veggie choice to.

The food was exceptional and in good quantity.

The beer choice could have been better but was okay.

The outside area was very nice and clean and private.

There were five of us for a business/social meeting and it met our needs very well. I will certainly be back and not afraid to bring along my veggie wife.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We like the fact that you have so much choice of how to build you burger with chicken beef or pork, with all the trimmings and what you have with it, you choose what bun to have and what chips you want, the staff are very friendly, it quick to get served, it also serves alcohol.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We can only give this an average as unfortunately, not only did the staff seem in a world of their own but they forgot half of our order and charged us for it! When I said: excuse me but we didn't receive the nachos the young waitress sad are you sure? Very unprofessional and when it was checked out it seems they were still in the oven , we did not receive an apology. Then desert... we ordered two and one asked for single cream and another whipped cream. We were given a bowl of squirty cream! Which I will admit was funny but it shows the inexperience of the staff. The fries were lovely but the home fries were greasy and definitely not worth £2.95. We thought at first it was good value but by the time you've added your fries on; normally included in the price, it ended up the same price, if not slightly more than other burger restaurants. The drinks were great value though. We also were told to open our wine ourselves,which has never happened. The food was ok not amazing but not bad either sorry though your staff let you down. We also noted that a couple that walked in ten minutes after we had and ordered quite a bit after us received their food first. It was not busy so not sure what happened there ei.

1  Thank louisse
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Food was good, excellent chips and good burger once I'd scraped the revolting hot relish off, but the staff just weren't interested. They were all chatting at the bar when we arrived so we had to attract their attention to get seated. Then, when the plates were cleared, we were not asked if we wanted anything else but were just left sitting. We asked for the bill and left.

1  Thank Pamela H
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Top class food and first rate service. Made extremely welcome and wasn't too bad on the pocket either - would happily recommend this restaurant.