“Exceeded expectations”

Ranked #27 of 228 Restaurants in Newark-on-Trent
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Real Burger Co has landed in Newark On Trent. Since the doors opened on Friday 5th Dec 2014, the response has been fantastic. If you like real 100% Scottish Beef Gourmet Burgers have been dreaming of delicious hand made Burgers & Hot Dogs here we are The Real Burger Co at 14 Castle Gate Newark On Trent. We Aim to be the best family dining experience in town at affordable prices with the finest locally sourced products. Ever the perfectionist, and unwilling to compromise the reality took some time to achieve now here we are in one of the most beautiful buildings in Newark we want you to enjoy. Independent Company and not part of a big chain yes we are Independent and proud. The passion to open a gourmet burger restaurant in Newark all started over two years ago after my visit to New York this is were I found some of the best local independent Gourmet Burger Bars which blew me away also following on from my success with Cafe Amore on Kirk Gate the right venue for my concept became available and the rest is history. Since then I have been working hard to make this dream a reality, sourcing the finest local ingredients in food & drink and with this in mind I have created the perfect family dining experience for all ages. Newark will remain the flagship as we look at other geographical areas to roll out the RBC concept. There is no other Gourmet Burger Bar in the area providing such a range of Gourmet Burgers, Gourmet Hot Dogs, Gourmet Chicken and Ribs. Make sure to leave room for our delicious desserts that are on the menu too! When it comes to drinks they have teamed up with local brewer Milestone from the village of Cromwell who has brewed our very own cask ale Boston Bitter & Eagle American Pale Ale Draft and Craft beers are also on the menu with the likes of Samuel Adams & Portland American Pale Ale also we have an abundance of Craft bottled beers & ciders all adding to the Gourmet experience. If you prefer non-alcoholic drinks we have a range of Frappe smoothies & posh pops from local independent suppliers with over twenty different coffees. All our Burgers & Meats are all traceable from the farm to the fork 100% Our bread is baked locally home made fries from local potato growers with such attention to detail and knowing the quality of our local produce what more can you ask please enjoy as I have putting the concept together. Enjoy your visit and we hope you return time after time and enjoy the RBC experience
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This was my first visit and I must admit I did not have high expectations.

The service was good and very pleasant.

The menu choice was much better that I had expected with a good veggie choice to.

The food was exceptional and in good quantity.

The beer choice could have been better but was okay.

The outside area was very nice and clean and private.

There were five of us for a business/social meeting and it met our needs very well. I will certainly be back and not afraid to bring along my veggie wife.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We like the fact that you have so much choice of how to build you burger with chicken beef or pork, with all the trimmings and what you have with it, you choose what bun to have and what chips you want, the staff are very friendly, it quick to get served, it also serves alcohol.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We can only give this an average as unfortunately, not only did the staff seem in a world of their own but they forgot half of our order and charged us for it! When I said: excuse me but we didn't receive the nachos the young waitress sad are you sure? Very unprofessional and when it was checked out it seems they were still in the oven , we did not receive an apology. Then desert... we ordered two and one asked for single cream and another whipped cream. We were given a bowl of squirty cream! Which I will admit was funny but it shows the inexperience of the staff. The fries were lovely but the home fries were greasy and definitely not worth £2.95. We thought at first it was good value but by the time you've added your fries on; normally included in the price, it ended up the same price, if not slightly more than other burger restaurants. The drinks were great value though. We also were told to open our wine ourselves,which has never happened. The food was ok not amazing but not bad either sorry though your staff let you down. We also noted that a couple that walked in ten minutes after we had and ordered quite a bit after us received their food first. It was not busy so not sure what happened there ei.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Food was good, excellent chips and good burger once I'd scraped the revolting hot relish off, but the staff just weren't interested. They were all chatting at the bar when we arrived so we had to attract their attention to get seated. Then, when the plates were cleared, we were not asked if we wanted anything else but were just left sitting. We asked for the bill and left.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Top class food and first rate service. Made extremely welcome and wasn't too bad on the pocket either - would happily recommend this restaurant.