All reviews grocery store minute walk to the beach nice beach beach towels beach bar master bedroom fish rented a car lounge chairs bug spray large balcony crystal clear water play golf cruise ship explore the island day pass great snorkeling
Reviewed 20 January 2017

The property is nice, Location is good, has a few swimming pool, I saw 3, and a nice beach, you have to walk a few minutes to the beach from your room around 5 minutes, their is no Wi-Fi in the room you need to go to the lobby or the beach to get Wi-Fi (inconvenience). The apartment is spacious we had a two bedroom, nice balcony, nice view, the only problem I had really was with the maintenance of the room it self, one of the bathroom was missing the door for the shower, the door handle from one of the closet came off in my hand and their was some of the electric outlet was missing their cover. For the price you pay per night $200 plus you wont expect to encounter these kind of problems. For an iron and iron board you have to call the front desk in order for them to bring you, for adapters you need to go to the front desk in person to pick it up. The front desk clerk (he) that check us in was new and friendly. Upon checkout I requested a hour late checkout it was decline.

Stayed: December 2016
Management response:Responded 23 January 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are sorry to hear the rooms weren't up to the standard you've come to expect from us. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our beach and pools! We are happy to inform you that we currently were have excellent WIFI connection in our Garden Bungalows and the rest of the accommodations will follow. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the near future.

Kind regards,
Blue Bay Team

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Very disappointing! Permanent construction, whilst no specific issues at booking. Fish Food intoxication during Icean front dinner (Ciguatera). Poor medical aid, hospital was required. We also did not have a car. We just wanted to relax and beach out. Instead left alone in Villa without phone nor Internet. Irresponsible! My wife still suffers from this intoxication. Due to lack of energy & sever cramps, issues during stay including long walking distances on Blue Bay Resort. No shuttle services available. Also my wifes watch stolen from safe! Inside job, no damage. Blue Bay is not taking its responsibility. We asked for a second change as compensation all issues. Costs are minimal whilst usually not fully booked. No go...! Shame on you Blue Bay...!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Y3285LBrobv
Management response:Responded 1 February 2017

Dear guest, thank you again for the time taken and effort made to express and share your experiences at our resort.
As mentioned before during our extensive e-mail contact, we feel very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and that you were not satisfied with the various compensations offered.

Kind regards,
Blue Bay Team

Reviewed 7 January 2017

BE WARNED FELLOW TRAVELERS! My accommodations at the Hills Blue Bay were disgusting! This experience was equivalent to camping in the woods without a tent or blanket (I had no blanket, just 1 sheet). I wonder if management has ever purchased a bottle of bleach or a scrub brush. The liens had stains, bugs were squished all over everything and there were dead ones on the floor, an awful stench permeated from the shower drain (I closed the door and left the fan on the entire trip) and the shower didn’t drain properly. The bed was 2 singles pushed together with a queen sheet over the two, no blow dryer or iron, NO WIFI in the room, there were stains on the curtains and the décor was hideous. However, the pool was the cleanest part of the entire resort.
The grounds were green and lush with many beautiful mature specimens. Unfortunately, the outdoor furniture had a coat of black on it, the kid’s area was a filled in swimming pool, there are massive amounts of flies attacking the bar and you wait for everything except for food because they are under staffed or not properly trained (not sure which).
The food was good and the food came out in a reasonable amount of time. I had to cover my plate with napkins because the flies swarmed as soon as the plate was dropped, sit under the fans if you can find a seat. The beers and cocktails are overpriced. I heard the golf course was beautiful but they are relocating the 18th hole to subdivide and sell off the oceanfront property that it sits on.
Sounds like management needs money to buy new liens, bleach, power washers and steam cleaners?
The staff are making the best of what management provides…I feel horrible for them! They are all kind and sweet people trying to do their best! The front desk women are all wonderful and as accommodating as they can be but there always seemed to be an unhappy guest from all over the resort (not just the Hills) yelling at them. The maintence and food service staff are always smiling and quick with a hello….but overwhelmed.
There were no spa services through Blue Bay, as they did not have anyone to do such things at the time of my visit. I suppose this was a blessing in disguise as I found a WONDERFUL mobile therapist that made my day! There is no gym equipment, just classes like Zumba, CrossFit and yoga, I heard the instructors were good but didn’t partake because the walk to and from the beach was good enough exercise.
The Blue Bay Dive team and fishing guides seem outstanding, I didn’t engage in either but did speak with them. They were all are very knowledgeable and experienced, I would have no problem contacting them if I ever returned.
Get a car, I wish I could have but everything was rented because of the NYE holiday!!! I would have moved to another hotel but I couldn’t find one for less than $400 a night. I made the best of this trip and would never return to Blue Bay even if it was paid for! The sad part is………
I was looking to return in February with my family but due to the deplorable conditions of the resort (NOT THE STAFF) I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
8  Thank Barefootwildflower

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the overall guest experience and we will discuss your mentioned items internally. We would appreciate if you could send us your personal contact details through my email at asharirombley@bluebay-curacao.com to evaluate this further.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We visited with some friends who have an absolutely fabulous home on top of the hill above the blue bay beach. The view from their place over blue bay beach and the golf course was fantastic. the resort is very nice, good security, small but nice beach, well equipped dive shop, restaurants, live music, etc. Lots of beach chairs. Played the blue bay golf course which has some SPECTACULAR holes including the 165 yard par 3 that shoots from the cliff with an "all-ocean", two club downhill carry to a heavily bunkered green - whattahole!! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you VERY MUCH for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to know that you will be coming back and we challenge you to a hole in 1…….

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We stayed at one of the apartments on the hill with a nice ocean view in Dec 2016. The apartment was nice and large but some of furnishings left some to be desired. The balcony is huge and has good outdoor furniture. Bring some Off because the mosquitoes are quite active in the morning and evening. Internet was only available at reception and at the beach, not in the room.

Blue Bay resort itself is very nice but a recurring theme that we found across the island is the service is not so good. They will tell you that it is "island time" which we found to mean service is lacking. We are living in Brazil and the locals could learn something about good service from Brazilians. Several times had to wait 30 minutes to get a drink at the beach bar. On the review previous to mine the author states that tipping is not necessary but we had tipped 15% to 20% on every meal and bar visit.

Snorkeling is good from the house reef and the beach is nicely kept. There are a couple of restaurants and the food is quite good. We had an exception to the rule on service by the two waiters at the Sunset Grill on our last dinner of the stay as they were not only friendly but provided excellent service. Also the service from the Curacao Divers shop was great as it is run by foreigners.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our customer service. We always strive to provide a high level of service to our guests. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards,