“Great service”

Miller & Carter, Worcester Park
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous waitress (Tanya) who made our visit absolutely delightful. She introduced herself as we were shown to our table, and certainly went over and above to ensure our meal was perfect. She even supplied her own wet wipes for those of us having finger food for starters, which was so thoughtful and very welcome! She even smuggled us a couple of extra biscuits for the cheeseboard. It’s nice to have someone with a good sense of humour - especially when dealing with our family!

Nice food, too. The steak, wedge and onion bread my partner had this time looked amazing too, so I shall have to go back and choose that next time!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My family and I went to this restaurant on a very busy Thursday evening before the Easter weekend.
The new decor is great to start but the overall experience was not good at all. Our table was booked at 7.15pm and we didn't leave the restaurant until 10.15pm because it took that length of time for us to be served three courses of food.........
I had scallops to start which were very nice, although I would not have chosen to serve then with potato, the waiter did also forget one of our starters. However my main (sea bass) was overcooked and had I think been sat on the hot plate for some time in order for all of our food to be served together. The desert (lemon posset) could have been really delicious, but was really average.
Our waiter however, despite the slip up with the starter, was overall absolutely sensational. I over heard all of our neighbouring tables complain about the slow service, one table waited over an hour for their main course and despite all of this he was polite, upbeat and friendly at all times and asked repeatedly to hear our feedback.

I was really looking forward to trying this place, but chose to wait a couple of months before visiting in the hope that any kinks would be ironed out. However, overall I have to remind people that this is a chain restaurant, and in my experience this is what happens if you choose to eat in a chain on a busy evening. Sadly the experience will stop me from returning for fear that it will happen again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The place has been decorated but same set up as before when it was a harvester. I would much rather have the harvester back. Our experience was awful. A few steaks were off the menu. I had chosen another dish because I don’t eat steak but was informed when it was my turn to order that this was also off the menu. The alternative dishes are almost the same as harvester menu but without the salad bar. I ended up with fish and chips and peas that looked very sad. The opinion of the steak eaters in our group was that they had had better. The cost of this experience in no way reflects the quality of the food offered. Will be not be going back.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I had heard really good things about the Miller and Carter in Mitcham but the Worcester Park one is closer, I'd read some bad reviews and was a little nervous but no need.

Me and my friend visited this restaurant at 3pm on Sunday, when the restaurant was starting to get quieter and to our thanks lots of big groups with kids were leaving.

Having known this site as a Harvester previously I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the refurb is and although its not great to have a member of staff moving tables and chairs around while you're eating, it was clear that the staff were keeping on top of the cleaning and putting a real effort into the places appearances.

The food was amazing and great value for money. We had the set menu (Sunday £25) and were greedy and added on some sides of lobster mac and cheese and prawn tempura. Everything was delicious. Our steaks were a perfect temperature, just what we'd asked for and good quality meat - little fatty but it was a Sirloin and the portion was huge. Thought the lettuce wedge was a bit unnecessary, because the steaks come with so much else, so know to ask them to leave that off next time. Chips were a tiny bit cold for my liking but everything was delicious.

Only problem I had was service, very friendly but pretty slow, which didn't bother us as we were two old friends catching up, but we did have to remind our server about our drinks and tap water a couple of times.

Cocktails probably weren't worth paying full price - but we visited in their version of happy hour - we ordered two different cocktails and they were missing the garnish and basically tasted the same.

BUT it's a steak house not a cocktail bar! What mattered was the food and it was amazing, we'll definitely be visiting again!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

A belated review of our visit for lunch on 27 Feb. Restaurant is so much better than the previous Harvester. The food was good, service attentive and quiet atmosphere appreciated. Our waitress Janice was cheerful and made every effort to provide a good service. Am surprised at the mixed reviews seen on line. Am fairly critical usually so was not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised.