“The food here is SO good!”

Agostinis Italian Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 1,525 Restaurants in Canberra
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Description: Agostinis welcomes guests in the Italian tradition of friends, family, laughter and great food. Agostinis is more than just a venue; it is an experience, a place for families to sit at big tables with pizza, pasta and vino della casa to share and for friends, colleagues and global visitors to gather and create memories to be cherished.
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I actually dined here 3 times in the week I stayed at the East Hotel, the food was that good! Attentive, friendly staff added to the wonderful experience. I dined twice at the bar as no tables were available, watching the chefs concoct their mouth watering meals & once at a table. Can't fault the food - it was hot, fresh & flavoursome. I'll be back when I visit Canberra!

1  Thank Anne363
Paul F, Manager at Agostinis Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Dear Anne

Thank you for taking the time to review Agostini's and your kind words.

We are very much looking forward to you dining with us again soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We visited Agostini's on a Saturday night - the place was packed. Service was excellent, in spite of the business, food great - menu choices are little limited unless you are a pizza lover. Veal cutlets cooked to perfection, cheese platter an excellent choice for afters! The background music was all base and a little annoying.

1  Thank L1015CBrogerb

Thank you for taking the time to review Agostini's and for your kind words.

We will review our current music playlist and are very much looking forward to you dining with us again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I’m writing two reviews of Agostini’s as I visited twice in the space of three weeks. First visit was a catch up with friends. Love the décor of the restaurant and the view into the impressive kitchen. The staff were attentive and our orders taken quickly. The menu has a large range of pizza, pasta and steak dishes. All the familiar Italian favourites with a great wine list. We started with sea salt and rosemary focaccia followed by pizza and pasta. I had the Torciglioni Alla Putanesca with eggplant, olives, capers and tomato. Each bite was delicious and even though the serving was generous I could have eaten a tiny bit more as the flavours were fabulous. For dessert two of us shared the chocolate mousse with strawberry coulis and pistachio. Beautifully presented and oh so decadent. A faultless evening.

My second visit was with family during the Christmas period. The service was still attentive but the reduced menu was a little disappointing. Not many choices for vegetarians as I recall there was only one pizza and pasta to choose from. Most of us had pasta which were good. The pizzas were lacking in topping as there was a wide rim of plain dough around the pizza and were slightly oily. Will visit again but definitely not if a reduced menu is on offer.

Overall am giving a very good rating.

1  Thank MegandLuke

Dear Megan

Thank you for taking the time to review Agostinis.

We are sorry to learn your second visit was a little disappointing and be assured I will pass your feedback onto our team.

We are very much looking forward to you dining with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Although on my own, I had a perfect night! Seated at the counter top I enjoyed watching the 9 waiters own their stations and prepare their orders. Each worked in symmetry and prepared delicious entrees, mains and desserts. I had the rocket,Apple and Parmesan salad, the pasta puttanesca, and the affrogatto - all delicious! Coupled with a glass of pino, and occasional conversation with the chefs in front of me, it made for a lovely night on my own. It was lovely to watch the restaurant fill and gain a buzz as the chefs responded to the pace - all without losing attention to detail by them and the wait staff. The atmosphere was great.

2  Thank karensI3256LK
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We keep on coming back because the place is amazing!!! Cannot go past ordering the Frico for starters. Never been able to fault the place and our waiter for the night Jamil just bought our experience to a whole new level. Thank you Jamil for making a usually awesome experience even more amazing! You were so accommodating with pre dinner drinks in the lobby (as Joe’s was closed) and took charge when needed with wine selection and even when the cannoli ran out come dessert time, you arranged for a custard alternative that blew us away. Jamil you are the bomb and fantastic at what you do. You made Agostinis even better than what it already is. Grazia tante

3  Thank Mariana G

Dear Mariana

Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to pass this onto Jamil.

We are very much looking forward to having you dine with us again soon.