“BRILLIANT in every way”

Price range: US$3 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Delicious food , generous amounts, outstanding service. This restaurant is terrific in every way, love coming here and especially love the food and service.

Marija T, Public Relations Manager at Akiba, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Hi Nunngo,

Thanks for coming in to Akiba and joining in all the fun! It sounds like overall you had a fantastic meal with us and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed every bit of it!
I am glad that our staff treat you like an absolute star!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere delicious meals and attentive staff members, i very much enjoyed my time here at akiba and look forward to coming back

Marija T, Public Relations Manager at Akiba, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hi rahjef,

Thanks for coming in to Akiba and joining in thee vibe! I am thrilled to hear your loved your meal with us and our staff were very attentive and treated you like an absolute rockstar! We have a fantastic, talented team who are truly passionate about what they do so I am glad to hear that it shows.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

We were a group of 10 whose collective age lowered the average there by 100! Definitely caters for a younger demographic - very noisy inside, and uncomfortable high stools for those of a certain age. Music was rather loud for conversation - I hate having to shout to be heard over it - and ambivalent service [I hate being asked if 'you guys need anything' when we are all women!]. My order was [the waitress admitted] correctly recorded but the wrong meal was served,and I was then asked if I could take what I was brought anyway and only be charged half price! The answer was no. Not overly keen to return.

Marija T, Public Relations Manager at Akiba, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Hi TravellingJs,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback, we truly appreciate hearing from all of our customers. Firstly I'm glad your experience was enjoyable in regards to our food and that you were able to still enjoy a delicious meal despite the undesirable circumstances.
We to deliver an extraordinary experience to all of our customers and it is incredibly unfortunate to hear this was not the case when you dined with. Our staff are very knowledgeable, passionate and personable so this seems very out of character. However we do have a fairly new team who have joined us and may not have treated your guests and yourself with the usual exceptional Akiba service. I will take your feedback on board and ensure all of our staff are trained to treat each table with exceptional care.
Our restaurant delivers a high energy vibe and the music definitely adds to the atmosphere however if on your next visit to our restaurant you find the music too loud please inform one of our staff members and we will do our best to accommodate for your needs.
Being charged half the price for a meal you did not order is not how mistakes should remedied and again seems out of character, I would like to get to the bottom of this and would appreciate it if you could contact us via email (info@akiba.com.au) to give us further details on this and your overall time at Akiba.

To reiterate we do sincerely apologise for your undesirable experience with us
Regards

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Every time I've been to Akiba I've been impressed - great service, a buzzing vibe and absolutely delicious food across the board. Never had a bad dish here. The style is Japanese fusion done superbly. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. Highly recommended, always busy though so if you really want to eat there make a reservation.

Marija T, Public Relations Manager at Akiba, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi RuffnReady,

Thank you for coming in to Akiba and dining with us! Our talented kitchen team put in a lot of passion, skill and vibrancy in every single dish to deliver the best of modern Asian cuisine and I am thrilled to hear that you agree!
We use premium ingredients and prepare almost every element in each dish in house and our menu is priced accordingly, however given the quality we believe it is great value for money!

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Had heard great things through the local foodie grapevine and decided to check Akiba out one warm summer’s evening, I was not disappointed! The food was fresh and zingy, the drinks were delicious, the service was engaging and upbeat, and the restaurant had quite the crowd enjoying their own experience. I’m still daydreaming and drooling, waiting for my next visit.

1  Thank chriztie2017
Marija T, Public Relations Manager at Akiba, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Hi chriztie2017,

Thanks for joining in all the fun at Akiba! We love hearing from our fantastic customers and we really appreciate all feedback. Our food is a flavoursome fusion of Asian flavours and I am glad to hear you agree.
We have a talented team who are passionate about all areas of what they do and I am pleased to hear you were treated like a rockstar! We do get that fun packed party vibe pumping throughout the restaurant and I am glad to hear that you joined in all the fun.