“Healthy and delicious”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Bunch of retired cardiac nurses wanting a heart - healthy spot with ambience for lunch. We found it here.
I had the soba noodle and salmon bowl (forgotten its name) which was a delicious cold Japanese bowl of goodness: raw salmon, noodles, carrot, cucumber, fresh soy beans, nori, fancy mushrooms, crunchy greens... with a pot of light soy sauce. Perfect on a hot day. The vegans had falafel with Mediterramean salad and flatbread. There were meaty options on the menu but most of us went vego. Pled thru of vegan and gluten-free options.
Service was quick; it's the order-and-pay-at-the-counter system which is perfect for groups. Drinks: all sorts of herbal teas, ordinary tea, great coffee, and an excellent range of healthy fresh juices/slushies/cool drinks. Breakfast looks good... must come back and try it.
Lovely setting on the Kingston foreshore.

1  Thank jude d

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I won’t lie - I was not excited when the brunch wife chose Local Press for our next adventure. I had heard good things, but the menu didn’t enthuse me. But I was wrong. So wrong. Firstly, my icy pineapple and mint drink was perfect for the hot morning (although I wouldn’t mind trying it again in the afternoon with a little gin...) Secondly, my eggs were almost perfect. The kale was nice, the goats cheese delicious... and I think I might be a smoked salmon convert now.

Brunch wife ordered the waffles. They’re certainly pretty, but she was only moderately pleased with them, and her cherry ripe smoothie tasted mostly of banana.

Overall I enjoyed it very much. I also hadn’t been down to the foreshore in a while, and I saw lots of stuff that I’ve added to the brunch list!

1  Thank Kylee T
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We had to wait for a table and a little for our food to arrive, but gosh it was so worth the wait- we had the indian savoury pancake and the waffle and it was fantastic - fresh and bursting with flavours. The servings are also very large. Would have preferred table service but it doesn’t matter for such amazing food!

1  Thank Clopensw
Reviewed 16 January 2018

This cafe is right on the water in Kingston which makes for a lovely view. There is the option to sit indoors or outdoors.

The menu is small, but also has vegan and vegetarian options. I had the pancakes which are vegan and my partner had mushrooms on sour dough. However the menu changes often and I think these options are no longer available. The pancakes were absolutely delicious and the best I have had. I would be eager to try more from the menu.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The breakfast is fantastic. The best mushrooms I have tasted for a while. Unique offerings and not your traditional brekkie.