“Brunch”

The Knox Made in Watson
Ranked #24 of 1,525 Restaurants in Canberra
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meals here , plenty of atmosphere- attentive wait staff. Plenty of variety and choice ...can see why it has such a vibe ....buzzes.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I go to the Knox almost three to four times a week in the morning to get coffee and at least once a week to have lunch. I enjoy the food and the coffee but the service sometimes is very frustrating. Some days you get this very lovely waiter and cashier person, and other days you get a moody one that is only worry about talking to his/her colleagues behind the counter . It does get frustrated when you get the wrong order because the person is not paying attention ( got full cream mantras of soy, a large instead of small) When I get my lunch I always get a tumeric latte/Golden latte that personnel seems to not know that they do it until they ask the barrista. I have been getting it for at least 4 months now and still I always have to explain that I have it yesterday for some of them to check.

Now, how does the loyalty card work ? I passed it to the cashier to get my happy free tumeric latte and he charged me $4.50 for extras ??? Took away my card and didn’t care to explain why he was charging me so much for extras for my drink !

For the chefs, I have to say that the food is very tasty, I really enjoy the food !!!

2  Thank Catquintero
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We found this place by mistake and let me tell you it was a LUCKY find.

the service was great, the music volume was just right ( so you CAN actually chat ) the food magnificent, the juices spectacular and the variety of cakes and slices were to die for.
we WILL BE BACK for sure !

1  Thank vikvik62
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I figured I would see whether the high rating was warranted, even though it was a short bus ride out of the city. It's quite unassuming, surrounded by houses in a very small cluster of shops, but when I came across the place it was close to packed full of people.
I found a small table, and was asked to order off the menu at the counter then pay on the spot, and I got a table number.
My coffee came in a few minutes, and my meal arrived only a few minutes after that. Very efficient.

I went for the brekkie tacos, with a side of smoked salmon. The ham hock had some great flavour, and the avocado & salsa verde it came with was very tasty. The purple cabbage was a nice addition, and the little crunchy taco chips were a nice touch. It was easy to pick it all up in the tortillas, and I scraped the rest up with my fork.
The salmon was nice and fresh too. The coffee was lovely as well. With such a varied menu, I'm very tempted to come back. So glad I went.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This cafe has a really nice atmosphere, good service and nice food. We enjoyed a very late lunch. There was no feeling of the cafe closing down between lunch and dinner - it was really welcoming.