“Stop Looking, Book This Place”

Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Ok, so I noticed a couple of reviews marked poor and average and wondered if these folks rated the wrong place. When you think of this hotel think “attention to detail,” because clearly the owners take this very seriously.

We checked in on a Sunday and it took about thirty seconds. I placed the code in the lock box retrieved the keys and off we went. I highly recommend apartment eleven as you get a nice wide separate parking space and the room is quietly situated in the back. We rented a superior studio and it was aptly named. The studio was clean. Let me repeat, the place was clean beyond belief. I loved the white kitchen and room and somebody must check regularly for scuff marks because there were not any.

When these folks say this apartment is self-contained they are not exaggerating. There is a washer, four-burner stove, dished, cutlery, and everything you would want at home. The owners have the presence of mind to provide small plastic containers, a chopping board, whiskey glasses, wine glasses and laundry soap.
The bed was terrific and the linen and towels are definitely not the “cheaper da me per” variety. The towels were colored and decent quality! The bathroom was clean and light, the shower was large with decent pressure and the fan worked well.

The internet at this hotel was as good as my home internet. Note, I have no idea how many folks were here and if the quality slows during peak seasons but the internet was terrific! The television shows the USA’s FOX news channel so we received real, instead of fake news, the air conditioner and heater worked well and the nearby amenities are terrific. There are a couple or restaurants within walking distance, a nice lawn bowling facility, liquor store (bring your own according to the rules as liquor here is ridiculously expensive), sports bar and easy access to the A-1 Freeway. I liked the barbecue (easy to use) pool and the tables. We had oysters by the pool and really enjoyed the serenity.

They are thoughtful enough to leave full ice trays, (we left highball ice cubes for the next visitors) coffee, cream sugar and tea. We absolutely loved this hotel. You get tremendous value and I highly recommend going to Lindsay’s Oysters and Seafood and cooking here to save some coin. This was a great find!

Room Tip: Apartment 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
chha, Owner at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hi Steven,
Thank you for your wonderful review.
It is gratifying to know that the hard work and effort we put into this place is paying off.
Since taking over five years ago we have constantly put all profits back into improving our apartments and surrounds. We plan to continue to do this to ensure our guests enjoy the best holiday they can.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and your comments have made my day.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Came early and host gave keys and said he would clean apatment next and showed directions to get to Plaza so l could get some coffee. Apon arriving back all was ready and the accomadation was beyond expectation. It was very roomy with all you needed for your stay. Felt like a home away from home. Will definitely use Coffs Harbor Holiday Apatments again.

Room Tip: All rooms are upstairs with undercover parking rooms to back are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The past weekend was our third stay here.
We just love the studio at the rear of the property. Perfect for two people.
Fully self contained although we ate at the local bowling club which is a 3 minute walk at the end of the street.
The studio was immaculately clean.
I highly recommend this stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your great review and staying with us again. We look forward to seeing you again on your " fourth " stay.
Kind regards Alan owner /manager

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We arrived at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments halfway through our 2 week road trip from Adelaide. It was a little slice of heaven - clean, comfortable, free & reliable wifi and lots of room to spread out and relax. We had 3 nights to enjoy the comfortable bed and great shower. It was excellent to have the washing machine, clothes airer and dryer to catch up on laundry as well. Great location with supermarkets a short drive away and Park Beach at the end of the street for a relaxing stroll. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet the owners as they were away but we were very well looked after and will be back if ever in Coffs again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your wonderful review Jenny.
Sorry we didn't get to meet you as we were up at the Gold Coast for a couple of days.
I now know why I like Coffs Harbour so much. Apart from a couple of unreliable fun parks the Gold Coast has nothing on Coffs. Our beaches are better, less traffic, similar shops but we have the natural beauty of the harbour and tropical rainforests only minutes away.
We hope to meet you in the future if you ever stay in Coffs again.
Kind regards Alan owner/manager.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 weeks every October staying here when I was a kid (it was named something else then). I am a massive sucker for a bit of nostalgia and a trip down memory lane so I decided this was where we would stay with my own family as an adult. The problem with such fond memories is that you always run a massive risk of disappointment but I am so pleased to say that I was not at all disappointed! We loved all of our 10 night stay in out 2 bedroom apartment. (Apartment 5 for my own future reference!). The rooms have been modernised since I was there as a kid which I would expect would have definitely been needed. The layout was spacious and two adults and two kids stayed here comfortably. I believe you can fit a 3rd child in the kids room and there was definitely the space for that to comfortably happen! The main balcony was a good, big size which is often hard to come by and there was a smaller balcony off the main bedroom. The kitchen and laundry facilities in the apartment definitely came in handy.
We enjoyed the use of the BBQ area most nights and we used the heated spa (operating between 3pm and 7pm) almost every day. The pool was cold In April but the kids didnt care!
These apartments are in such a great location, 2-3 minute walk from the beach, walk to Bowling Club, Pub and a couple of cafes and also less than a block back from a cycling / walking Path. We made great use of the cycle paths and cycled straight from the apartments with no needing to load the bikes on and off the bike rack!
The apartments are 5 minutes drive from a large shopping centre which was so handy.
Overall we were so happy with it and now have to make the decision as to whether we make it a yearly trip or alternate it with another destination and come every 2nd year. Either way, we have every intention of returning and no intention of staying anywhere else in Coffs Harbour. This suited us as a family down to the ground! Thankyou so much!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy O
chha, Owner at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thanks for your wonderful review Cindy.
We are pleased that your return holiday here was enjoyable and look forward to having you stay with us again.