“Great Food, and it’s very well priced”
Review of Din Tai Fung

Din Tai Fung
Ranked #238 of 6,621 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 January 2017

We visited Din Tai Fung midweek at about 2:30pm and it was relatively quiet. We were first in the queue and our food was served very quickly. This was very different to previous experiences during Thursday late night shopping nights when it was not unusual to queue and wait for food for over 30 minutes.

For lunch we shared the Shrimp and Pork Shao Mai (4 pieces). I had the Egg Fried Rice with Green Bean Minced Pork and my wife the Egg Fried Rice with Truffle Mushrooms. All dishes were delicious. The Shao Mai was juicy and nicely presented, with whole shrimps on top. The Green Beans were large and cooked perfectly. The Truffle Mushrooms added a nice crunch to the Egg Fried Rice. All for only $39.

Thoroughly recommended, but eat outside of peak hours to really enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

This place is over the top delicious. Whenever I am in Sydney I eat lunch here, and I always get a steamed roll or a steamed dumpling. They are making them on site, and they are absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I've been here a couple of times now and they're like a well-oiled machine. Throngs of people clamouring to get an order in? No dramas, they're all over it. There's a line, there's enough staff, food comes out in reasonable time and it's delicious.

But let's face it. I'm just here for the Xiao Long Bao. And they're fantastic. The fatty soup is lip-smackingly good and the wrappers are spot on. Seriously, go get some.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

A party of 11 we tried all of the vegetarian dishes and were extremely impressed with the dim sum, although all of the food was delicious. The pricing was reasonable and the service was efficient.
We were in Sydney for 7 days and ended up going back 3 times either for lunch or dinner.
A must try drink was the lychee mint cooler.. yum!!

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Here I am on my first visit to Din Tai Fung to see what's all the fuss is about.This restaurant's name is well known all over Asia and is staring to appear around Sydney.

The ordering process is more complicated than it needed to be with forms in tiny fonts needing to be filled it by pencil as you queue up. Not being able to clearly read what's on the form in the poor lighting I ticked the main options, paid at the cash register and waited. About 10 minutes later the buzzer rang and it appears I order a spicy noodle wonton short soup.

The hand made noodles was outstanding but let down by the lack of accompanying broth. The wonton lacking filling and was a bit chewy in parts. Not the best I've eaten but have to come back and make a better effort at ordering to sample more dishes.