“Bravo for the Bavarian for some beaut Beers and Burgers”
Review of The Bavarian

The Bavarian
Ranked #2,079 of 6,625 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I was in Sydney for the NRL Grand Final during October 2017 (GO STORM!!)
We were staying in nearby George Street and came across this spectacular German restaurant. The Restaurant staff were friendly, professional and very helpful. They even switched the television channel to the Rugby as we dined outside in the sunshine.
Highly recommend dropping by the Bavarian should you find yourself at World Square in Sydney.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I had dinner in this restarant during my last night stay in Sydney cause it was conveniently located just a short walk from my hotel, I ordered as a starter a fried spicy squid and a pork knuckle as main course, I have eaten this type of dish many times in Germany and in comparison this wasn’t worse than any German made crispy pork knuckle, the only difference was the price, too expensive to my opinion but Sydney itself is already expensive...

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Another great little find in Sydney in the World Square. Their are many diverse styles of foods in the centre, for everybody tastes, but my husband and myself must say this restaurant in at the top of the list for food quality, service. The staff where so helpful with our choices of drinks and food, it was nice to just sit and enjoy the atmosphere. The beer selection was amazing and their wine selection was all well stocked. As for the food,the mixed German platter for one, which I must say is enough for two, was delicious . German sausages, pork bellies, schnitzel, with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy. Fantastic. Thanks, we will be back. Oh dessert, can’t forget that, the German strudel was also yum, a great end to a terrific lunch.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Went here for dinner to catch up. We went as three adults and an infant.

It was free seating and order at the bar. There was a credit card surcharge. There was no infant high chairs and it seemed that the next restaurant might have been able to eat inside The Bavarian - we were very unsure with ads from next door (pizza place) being visible, so very unclear whether it worked vice-versa too.

$90 for a German meat platter, steak and three drinks.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Expected a nice tender veal schnitzel but was more like beef. Side of chips undercooked and slaw was garlic laced. Overall pretty average for $29.
Beer was ok but a bit expensive too