“Great Visit”
Review of Park8 Hotel Sydney

Park8 Hotel Sydney
Ranked #73 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Stayed at this small hotel to end a lovely family holiday to Sydney to have a few days in the city centre. the hotel is in a great location for Darling Harbour and the Rocks. Great location for shopping as its just a street away from Pitt Street with its many shops. The hotel has only 4 floors so easly access from reception to room - not miles of corridor. The rooms were large and the beds were huge and very comfortable. Beds were changed every day. My only regret was not having a window with any view so wasn't sure what weather was like unti I stepped out the hotel door so would ask for a room with a window. Bathrooms very large with great power shower. It has a small coffee station which is handy and there are plenty bars/resturants and coffee shops nearby. Would definatley visit again next time in Sydney.

Room Tip: request one with a window view otherewise you will get a fake window
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Park8Hotel, General Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thanks for your review _anne_gillies,
We are delighted to read your time at Park8 was enjoyable and our team and facilities met your expectations. Glad to hear you will return. Hope to welcome you back soon.
Warmest Regards,
Simon Farr

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Overall, I am actually happy with the stay. Until one thing that made my stay turns awful when the customer that staying next door actually SHOUT at us from her room complaining us "banging the door".

First of all, we did not "bang" the door at all as we just let the door auto-close itself (just like everyone will do at any hotel). But apparently the door will make some noise when it "soft" close itself... So during our first night here, the lady next door scold me when i come out from my room and i sincerely apologize to her since I felt that the door really did make some noise itself and might cause some inconvenience to her...

Ever since, we literally hold the door whenever we open/close the door until it only make a "tick" sound when it locks. BUT, the second day, when we just came back from the city (after we were out for entire day since early in the morning)... When we just scan the card on the door, and have not even open the door yet... the lady next door start SHOUTING from her room asking us to stop BANGING the door.

We were angry of course, we were just back from out there and what's that to do with us? But we ignore her and still, closing the door super softly in case she gets mad again.

But, after short while, your staff call and made a complain to us regarding the "noise" we made, said it was a complains from the next door lady. I explained to the staff who made the call about the situation and what I get from him was "Anyhow please don't make any noise in the room thank you."

And, this reply made me very angry.

WE DID NOT EVEN LAUGH / SPEAK LOUDLY / ON TV / ON ANY MUSIC / SHOUT / BANG ANY DOORS in the room and this is what we got?

Directly after the phone call, I heard some door banging noise that "seems like" coming from the next door where the lady stay in... Her room was the last one at the end of the corridor, but i understand that the sound proof in the hotel is pretty bad and it might be actually coming from down stair or up stair. So does it mean i should call the hotel reception and made a complain just because I SUSPECT the sound is from next door without checking if it's really from there?

For this, I suggest your hotel:
1) Improve your sound insulation of the room
2) Make a proper soft close door
OR
3) provide a ear plug for your customers

I totally understand sometime hotel sound proof is not as good and I have no problem with that at all.. Just, don't blame this issues on us when it's entirely not our fault!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Park8Hotel, Front Office Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Hueimiin L

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay, however terribly sorry for the rudeness of you neighbor.

I have already advised my maintenance in regards to noisy doors to stop this happening in the future.

I do hope that this person did not ruin your holiday, hotel aside, and I do hope to welcome you back in the future as i would love to change your perspective on our property.

Please have a lovely day,

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Great location, great room, already re booked, and having only just found the hotel, it is going end of June, what a shame. Great room - good sized - comfy bed - would buy it if possible, fitout very contemporary - cant recommend as it wont soon be there!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Park8Hotel, Front Office Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Dear greghP2161IE

I am so very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Park8 Hotel.

Even though I won't be welcoming you back to the Park8 Hotel, I look forward to seeing you again soon in some of our other properties in Sydney.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Loved this hotel. Small lobby but excellent room. Great value for the money. Great location. It was close to the Queen Victoria Building and the busses to Circular Quay. Also very close to the train station which made it easy to get to everything. The receptionists were friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Park8Hotel, Front Office Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear jdancerBoston

Thank you kindly for your review.

It is lovely to hear you enjoyed your time with us here at the Park8 Hotel.

If you need further Sydney accommodation in the future, please let me know so I may have the pleasure to book you in once more.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Park8 Hotel - Clean, very good location. However 24hr cafe is not 24hr when I called the first time the phone rang for so long I doubted my ability at dialling the correct number?! The same thing happened again when I called back. Eventually someone in reception answered and I got a nice coffee. However the following morning I was told cafe is not open yet....huh I think you may of forgotten its 24hr/7days a week?

The staff also do not acknowledge you when you come and go from reception. Just a small thing that would make a huge difference. Kinda customer service 101 really. And please if I am having trouble opening the door, don't stare. Get up and help me.

Probably wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Park8Hotel, Front Office Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your feedback so we can continue to improve our offering and services to our guests.

We are disappointed to read your review and you have definitely brought up some service matters of concern.
I will certainly address our team on the points you have outlined to ensure your next stay, if booked, is all the more enjoyable.

Service is very important to us at Park8 and we always work to ensure our team deliver exceptional service, we do apologize that it has not transposed to you during your recent stay.
We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.