All reviews bedroom loft hyde park great location boutique hotel small hotel st james the heart of the city reception area ironing board pitt st mall street noise within walking distance good size comfortable stay would definitely stay here again darling harbour comfortable bed
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed here for one night on our way to America. The hotel is very nice and is in a great location right near Hyde park and is a quick walk to many sites and restaurants. The night was great and I was quite pleased with our experience. The downside came in the form of a $200 security deposit, now I have no problem paying a deposit on a hotel room, the problem is that we are now over three weeks later and coming home from America and we have yet to receive our deposit back. That's $200 we are without for our entire vacation because they cannot process our refund in a timely manner. This is totally unacceptable and turned a 4 star rating for me into a 2 simply because they cannot process this simple transaction in a timely manner. We are frequently in Sydney and I will make it a point to never stay here again based on this one experience. A shame to because it is a nice place.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cowboyography
Park8Hotel, General Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Cowboyography,
Thank you for your review. We are disappointing to read that the pre-authorization release tarnished your fantastic experience at Park8 Hotel. I believe you have been in private correspondence with our Front Office Manager who is assisting to rectify the delay with the banks in relation to your automatic release.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. We apologize for the inconvenience caused with this delay.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Always wanted to stay there as it's always expensive, but I got a deal as I believe the staff said they will close in a few months due to construct in the city, reception was great, worked well for our one night stay, close to everything, malls, trains, bus, park.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Park8Hotel, General Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Pravin A,
We are so pleased to read that your time with us at Park8 was enjoyable and we could finally have you stay as our guest. We do hope to welcome you back to an 8 Hotel around Australia sometime soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I found the Park8 Hotel easy to get to as it's close to Town Hall station. Staff were very friendly when I checked in and the room was a great size. Maybe it's the price of being in the centre of town, but roadworks noise early in the morning was the only downside from my stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Park8Hotel, General Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear SarahdM4771NP,
Thank you for your review - we are pleased to hear that overall your experience was an enjoyable one. We do apologize regarding the noise of traffic outside the building. Our team are available 24/7 to assist and we certainly can assist with providing a complimentary sleep well package.
Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The room was excellent, clean and very comfy. The checkin and checkout process was easy. Loved the whole atmosphere of the boutique hotel in the middle of the city and will be definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Park8Hotel, General Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear DianerC5180LT,
Lovely to read that your time with us at Park8 was enjoyable from our clean and comfy rooms and service from our team. We can't wait to welcome you back again.
Safe travels.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

The one-bedroom loft is perfect for small families. It has a well-equipped kitchenette. The bathroom is sufficient but needs to be updated. Housekeeping needs improvement but alright. Great location since it's between Museum and Townhall stations. Darling harbour and Hyde park are near and within walking distance. There are lots of restaurants in the area. Two things that really irked me 1) during our 3 night stay, my husband and I weren't able to connect our iphones to the hotel's wifi service and 2) the hotel charged me $20 when I BORROWED an adapter. I should have just bought one for $10 at Woolsworth.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Park8Hotel, General Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Angelcross,
Thank you for your rounded feedback. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us at Park8 Hotel. Thank you for your feedback regarding the Wi-Fi. We have identified over the last couple of days a log-on issue and our team are working to resolve these concerns for all of our guests.
I do apologize in relation to the charge of the adapter. This should be a holding deposit only and returned to you when you have completed your use of the adapter. If this is not the case, certainly contact us and we sort this out immediately.
We hope to welcome you back soon Angelacross.