Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$169
US$138
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$119
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$158
Shangri-La.com
Veriu Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$97
US$75
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$161
US$145
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$119
Swissotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$133
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$91
Priceline
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$301
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$379/night.

All reviewsjewel suitespa suitestar casinoadored suitesokyo restaurantmolton brown toiletriesrain showerroom servicelyric theatrewalk in wardrobenespresso machinelight switchesamazing hotelfloor to ceiling windowspillow menumini barin room dining
Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

I booked the Jewel Suite for our first wedding anniversary. I was called two days prior to the stay to confirm details and was pleasantly surprised to hear that the champagne and strawberries I was trying to arrange were done as a standard, complimentary offering by the hotel for wedding and anniversary stays. We were also given late (12pm) checkout without asking and with no charge.

On arrival, we happily found out we had been upgraded to the Adored suite. The staff at the front desk were polite, attentive and sufficiently quick with the check in.

The hotel lobby looks great and is modern luxe and also feels completely detached from the casino which is fantastic.

On arrival at the room, we were pretty staggered. Harbour bridge views (including from the spa bath), two big screen tvs, lounge room, king sized bed, walk in robe, his and her showers plus a rain shower, a separate toilet room near the foyer, room automation system and generally, a luxury appointment.

Ordered in room dining as I had been too late booking a seat at either of the restaurants in the complex. Meals were delicious, high caliber and was a fantastic, private dining experience.

The bed was fantastically comfortable with lovely quality bed linen. The walk in robe partition also functioned as a full height mirror.

The overall experience was wonderful.

Breakfast the next morning was at Sokyos. We had the 'healthy breakfast' consisting of perfectly poached eggs on ciabatta, spinach, edamame, cucumber with data and mint leaf. Delicious!

The late checkout gave us time to go for a stroll after breakfast, head back up to the room and relax and read the complimentary news paper before finishing our packing and heading downstairs to check out.

Overall this was a wonderful experience and definitely felt 5 stars.

Thanks for the great stay The Darling!

A couple of minor (and emphasise minor) opportunity areas:
-Automation system was a little flakey with some functions not working consistently
-We had intermittent tv reception issues where it would cut in and out
-Tv content was geared towards a Chinese clientele
-Connectivity in the room was geared towards Apple devices and connectivity panel seemed to be loose in its socket so would pull out when removing plug
-On demand movies were very pricey regardless of age of release

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndreasVM
The_Star_Management, Manager at The Darling, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Dear AndreasVM,

Thank you for the detailed review. It is pleasing to see that our finer touches do go a long way in ensuring that your guest experience is ultimately the greatest reward.

Firstly, thank you for choosing The Darling to celebrate such a special occasion in the form of your first wedding anniversary.

Our Jewel Suites are terrific however the Adored Suite offer much more as you have kindly outlined. Whenever possible, our aim is to be as flexible as possible to ensure guest satisfaction and this includes from before you even arriving.

Secondly, we thank you for your kind comments on your overall dining experiences whilst staying with us. Sokyo is truly one of the gems within The Star and our chefs do their absolute best to ensure all meals are top quality, including in-room dining experiences.

There is one comment you have made that we feel is very humbling. The feeling of walking into The Darling however not necessarily feeling as though you are at a casino. That is something that we are very conscious of and appreciate the comments.

On another note, we have been able to identify your room number and as such have taken your comments on board to investigate the minor issues that you have shared with us.

Finally, we are happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and look forward to your return.

Please contact us directly on DARLINGAssistantManager@EchoEnt.com.au for your next booking. We would be more than happy to assist!

Reviewed 24 April 2015

I stayed here as I was seeing a show at The Star. I paid $500 for a room which I dont believe was worth more than $300 a night. The doona/blanket was terrible, and I was annoyed that everything in the bar fridge was done based on weight. Check-in and check-out was very easy, and I loved the bathroom area (the shower was amazing). Im not sure that I would stay here again. It was very convenient as I was based at the Star for the weekend, but I would not come here again if I was doing something else in the city. I would like to come back to the star to enjoy the pool and day spa in the warmer weather, which might explain the $500 a night for a room.

I definetly prefer other 5 star hotels in the city.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
The_Star_Management, Manager at The Darling, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

Dear Katies S,

Thank you very much for taking time in giving us feedback on your recent stay. It is a shame that you were not happy with the amenities such as our feather down blankets and minibar. We would have loved to assist you during your stay to offer alternatives to make your stay pleasant. Our minibar has sensors, but guests are welcome to use it for their convenience, and they do not get charged for unconsumed items. As for hotel room rates in Sydney, in general rates are driven by demand, location and of course the facilities. On the night you chose we surmise would be a weekend or during our peak periods. On low season you can get the room starting at $350 a night.

I hope you get to come back and give the hotel another try. Our Duty Managers would be happy to assist you in getting the best deal and best room possible. Please do contact us at darlingassistantmanager@echoent.com.au anytime.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

I don't know who decides on star ratings of hotels, but whoever rated the Darling 5 stars seriously needs to take a long holiday.

All the way from service to amenities to design, this place leaves much to be desired.

Here is some of my experience:

- When my business partner and I checked in, we enquired whether breakfast had been included with our 2 nights booking. The receptionist advised no. However, upon checkout, we were advised that actually yes, breakfast was included. Of course, we had already eaten elsewhere at our expense already. Poor service.

-The was a piece of BUBBLE GUM stuck to the wall right next to one of the twin beds in the room, right above my head. Poor cleanliness.

-The design of the twin rooms is ridiculous. Surely the premise of a twin room, with two single beds, is so people who are not romantically related can share a room? Well, it is difficult to keep any privacy when the design of the room is such that you cannot leave the shower without being viewed by the other occupant! The twin rooms have an open plan bathroom, viewable from the beds, with a shower in a cubicle. However, there is nowhere within the shower cubicle to store a towel. The towel rack is inconveniently located over 1m reach from the shower. I DO NOT want to see my fellow traveller in full stretch towards his towel post shower. Ridiculous!

-The shower cubicle door opens outwards, meaning there is no ability to place a floor mat. Poor design again of the ridiculous bathroom.

-My fellow traveller had a U shaped travelling pillow, which he left in the room. This mysteriously disappeared while we were out. The hotel had no answers, except the cleaners may have scooped it up with the linen. Poor service.

-The pillows are TERRIBLE. They provide about 5 pillows per bed, however, they are 99% air and compress down to the size of a 20 cent piece. Seriously, I have had better pillows in a $5/night flea bitten hostel in vietnam.

-There are insufficient power points near the beds for charging mobile devices for more than 1 person. We were in a twin room - hey hotel darling - twin rooms are used by 2 people! Both my travel companion and I use android devices. There was one docking station between the beds with a single usb output or a single ipod input. I had to lift up and manually pull out the bedside table by a good 20cm, into an awkward position, just to access the single power point behind it. Surely in a twin room, the two occupants may want to charge their phones at night? And surely the most convenient spot is on the bedside table? Absolutely ridiculous in a "5 star" hotel!

-I left a mobile phone charger in the room after checking out. I contacted the hotel to request it be posted to me. They said they could only do it cash on delivery. This seems extreme for a 5 star hotel that charges $300+ per night, to require their guests to pay to return a tiny item - max $3 postage in a small australia post satchel. However, upon picking it up, they had chosen a postage method which cost $17! How strange!

Ultimately, this is an overpriced, underserviced, poorly designed hotel that is NOT 5 stars. I will never return and could not recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not pick a twin room unless you are comfortable viewing your companion nude.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
12  Thank yulezy
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Nice hotel, good location but the stingy way they won't let you use the bar fridge is very unfriendly. I'd stay somewhere that doesn't mind you putting a bottle of wine in the fridge without trying to fleece you if you take something out. Bit of a sad way to make money.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lovingagoodholiday

Dear Lovingagoodholiday,

Greetings from The Darling! Thank you for taking time in giving us feedback on your recent stay. It is with feedback like yours that we can learn and improve on our services.

We are glad that you are happy with our prime location and the hotel facilities. However you pointed out our automated minibar system that charges your account once an item has been removed. We have acknowledged the fact that some guests find this intimidating because it gives them the impression that we charge their account straight away. All guests are free to use the minibar for their convenience. Any items taken out of the chiller and not consumed will not be charged at all. We wish we could have explained this to you while you were inhouse, but I hope this clarifies the matter.

Again our sincerest thanks for taking time in sharing your experince. We look forward to your next stay.

Until we meet again!

Reviewed 8 April 2015

We stay in a nice suite, beautiful view.
Wonderful Bathroom with amazing amenities. Very high tech room, you can control anything from tv. Friendly staffs. You must try the Sokyo japanese restaurant, one of the best in Sydney. The casino is just downstair and you can have some fun, also great shoppings, restaurants and a nightclub.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rodrigo N

Dear Rodrigo N,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. We are pleased to hear that you experienced one of our beautiful suites and enjoyed our in-room services. Our staff are glad to hear that you enjoyed their friendly services and are always happy to help.

Sokyo is definately one of our favourite Signature Restaurants. Be sure to try Balla or Black By Ezard on your next visit too!