“Pleasant Hotel with room to grow”

Ranked #76 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Short stay in a newly renovated suite with a sizeable bathroom with bath, lounage/sitting room and large balcony. The bedroom had a large floor to ceiling window with a view of Darling Harbour while the lounge room had the same with a sliding door. With Regency Club Access, we enjoyed a light morning breakfast on level 11 which features a modern decor with incredible views.

Cons:
- Regency Club Lounge staff are immature and scared of guests. It makes the atmosphere incredibly awkward.
- Following checkout and settlement of the bill, another folio was sent with unspecified "minibar food" charges which were never incurred. Was informed by the property that it was to be refunded but it has not occurred to date.
- No chairs or table to enjoy the incredible balcony.
- Bathroom way too dark.
- No Hotel book explaining the facilities of the property, surrounding area or anything.
- Rude bell staff/valet staff

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
M_Zancanaro, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear SydRev,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us at Hyatt Regency Sydney. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our comfortable rooms.

Once again, thank you for giving us your feedback and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back as our guest soon.

Hyatt Regency Sydney

Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank garyscottz
M_Zancanaro, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We came to see a show and decided to stay a night. I have stayed in a few hotels around the Sydney CBD, but would have to rate this hotel highly. The hotel was clean, near to lots of entertainment and restaurants. The food was of a great standard as was the soaps etc in the bathroom (not that I ate the soap). The bed was so damn comforatble I'd be happy having one as my bed at home. I think most important of all was the staff were pleasant, friendly and interested in where we were from and why (without being nosy). Staff appeared to enjoy working here. This will be my chosen hotel when I come to Sydney again!

Room Tip: I personally am happy with a room that is clean and comfortable. We were lucky to have the top floor...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Nancy U,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at Hyatt Regency Sydney.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our comfortable rooms. In particular, it’s great to hear our location was perfect for your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our four day stay with the hotel. Our room was very comfortable, clean and the bed was great. Being able to utilise the Regency Room was fantastic. The food was good and the staff were exceptional....each staff member in the Regency Room made us feel very welcome. The express checkout from the Regency Room was also an added bonus....no stress no worries. Just one thing to bring to your attention the checkin staff all look very stressed...regardless of the time we walked past.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Topbabe,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, it’s great to hear your positive feedback regarding our friendly colleagues and excellent service. We will be sure to note your feedback for further improvements.

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Oh man, if you read my reviews I have never written a positive review about a Hyatt and I'm always in a position where it's a last choice. It seems that Hyatt has a global way of giving me poor service. Yes, it must be me!! So, I get to the Hyatt in Sydney for a short weekend. The Asian lady at check in could hardly manage to speak English. I'm sorry but she couldn't. I did ask if I can check out early as I had an urgent need to get back to Melbourne in the morning but no luck with this lady. So, made it up to the room I paid extra for to find a shoebox of a space. They must have used a wide angle camera when advertising the room. Anyway, I did call downstairs and someone else managed to cancel my reservation for the next day and the United Hotel app I used also managed to cancel it. Low and behold this outdated hotel charges for local calls. I had my mobile phone but was using the calendar when making three local calls. $1.75 or something like that for a call. Holy cow! This hotel clearly caters for the Asian community as it's a high volume tourist source for many businesses in Australia. It was disappointing that the staff overall were not helpful and the room was less than great. The view from the balcony was good of Darling Harbour but I was happy to check out as early as possible. Someone remind me not to book another Hyatt (please!)

Room Tip: Avoid Avoid Avoid. Plenty of options around
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank 860rd

Dear 860rd,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay with us at Hyatt Regency Sydney. However I was disappointed to hear you were less than satisfied with your experience, we sincerely apologise for this. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we will be sure to note your comments for further review.

Once again, we apologise the service was not the standard we try to achieve and we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest.