4,994 results
All reviewsthe club loungeopera housecircular quaybotanical gardenstreasury buildingmeat wineharbour bridge view roomwindow seattop floorseafood buffethigh tearooftop barshower curtainfive star hotelcorner rooman upgradelate checkout
Reviewed 21 February 2018

It was an incredible time to be able to stay here with a friend before farewelling him off overseas. The staff could not have been more helpful. Nothing was a problem, including some last minute washing and requests for the overseas journey ahead.
The building is stunning, both in its age and upgrades and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hannah V
Interconsydney, Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Hannah V,

Thank you for taking the time to share the kind feedback from your recent and so special stay with us in Sydney.

It is wonderful that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. I certainly consider myself lucky to be working with such an amazing team who is so dedicated to not only meet but exceed our guests expectations..

I hope that should you have the opportunity to visit Sydney again we might have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

The rooms are fine, quite modern. Opera house views from corner rooms. Room service is excellent and staff are very helpful. Wifi is very fast. The location is a bit far away from the heart of the city but completely fine if you work around Circular Quay. Limited food options in the hotel; not really suitable for vegetarians. Breakfast becomes extremely busy in the mornings - best to stick to room service with guaranteed timing.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms for views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear frequentflyer435,

Thank you for selecting InterContinental Sydney to stay in while visiting Sydney recently. I am pleased you have shared with us your thoughts and comments from your experience.

May I acknowledge your your constructive comments on our food offerings and please rest assured I have shared them with our Food & Beverage team to better accommodate all guests needs.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back one day soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Wonderful bridge view, exceptionally comfortable bed, elegant lobby, and yet what made the most significant positive impact on our stay...a staff member’s attention to our expression of need...Our tour was meeting us quite early in the morning before the lobby coffee station was open & when we went to the restaurant & expressed concern about our lack of time, the hostess made our morning perfect with coffee & croissants and a level of service for which I offer not only my gratitude, but my compliments!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Tata W,

Thank you for taking the time to share the kind feedback from your recent stay with us in Sydney.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room and that our restaurant team was able to assist in the early morning and I will make sure to thank them personally for the efforts.

I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Spent five nights at this luxury hotel in late January and early February, 2018. Because I am an Aspire Ambassador Level guest I was informed upon check-in that I was being upgraded to a beautiful suite. And beautiful it was. The suite was extremely large with an amazing view of the Botanical Gardens, the Sydney Opera House, and the Circular Quay. The beds were extremely comfortable and I greatly appreciated the 1 and 1|2 baths. The Wi-Fi accorded to Ambassador guests gratis was more than adequate though not excellent. This hotel does not have what I would call an impressive lobby but the deficiency is made up by the excellent service of the concierge and check-in desks. The bathrooms are decent size with adequate toweling provided and the maid service was excellent. Only two things were less than excellent. One morning I received a phone call about 6AM from someone in the hotel telling me that I had not answered the door when the bell was rung in order to deliver breakfast. I informed them that I had not ordered dine-in breakfast. As an apology I received a handwritten note from the hotel manager along with a lovely basket of fruit. Truthfully, I was not terribly bothered by my sleep being disturbed but I did appreciate the apology. More disturbing, however, was that on the morning of check-out at 6 AM when finalizing my bill, the person at the check-out desk informed me that the manager would like to speak to me before I departed to be sure there was no difficulties with the mis-happenstance that occurred that early morning. I agreed to delay my departure to the Sydney airport to speak with him. The check-out person said the manager was on the phone and would be out very soon. I waited 20 minutes for the manager and in the meantime the check-out person I had dealt with disappeared from behind the desk. After the 20 minute wait without the manager appearing I decided I could not delay my departure any longer and I left without seeing the manager. That did leave me with a slightly bad taste in my mouth. Overall though I will stay at this hotel property again when I return to Sydney for a visit next January.

Room Tip: Book a view of the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank philipmillermd
Interconsydney, Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear philipmillermd,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologise for the inconveniences you faced during your stay and the lack of follow-through form our team upon your departure. Please rest assured that this does certainly not represent the high standards we are striving for and we will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Charlotte Holdmann

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We were greeted by a super friendly and helpful staff member at the reception desk. He gave us a good run through of key things in the hotel. The room itself was spacious with a large bed and even an office desk to work from. The design is perhaps a bit dated with an old telephone system and sockets not that close to the bed. I didn’t mind this too much.

Breakfast was incredible, lots to choose from catering for many palates. Probably the best selection of food on our entire trip, all of a high quality.

Location is 5 minutes up a steep hill from Circular Quay, in the summer this is not fun. But you also get access to the Sydney Opera House and the harbour very quickly.

One thing is that concierge staff are very eager to assist you and let you know how eager they are. If you don’t mind then that’s ok.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple