Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
5,620 results
All reviews the club lounge opera house circular quay botanical gardens top floor seafood buffet a harbour view room high tea five star hotel rooftop bar an upgrade valet parking late checkout fantastic location four seasons concierge ihg
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

Hard to find valet parking entrance. A large neon sign would be a better option, than a small TAXI sign. The next day, we walked around the building to find the entrance. Also, the parking fee is outrages. $140 for two nights. When Wilson Parking charges $25 per day just down the road.
Power outlets in the room. To charge a phone from 40% is slow. 1 percent at half hour plus.
Shower. 5 minutes plus of running water from cold, to just warm. And water pressure not much better.
No complementary water bottles in room. Other hotels seem to manage this!
Complementary bath robes. Only one, but two pairs of complementary slippers.
Noisy air conditioning duct near door.
Phone in room does not work.
Checkin at 3pm. But lounge area closes at 4.30pm. Only other option is the rooftop bar. But at 50 dollars per person, non refundable. And a reservation needed. Intercontinental seems to be lagging behind other 5 Star hotels we have visited.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Room was clean and presentable.
Bed is a tad small,but then I am 6’7”.
Pillows for my liking, were like sleeping on cement bags.
I do believe the five stars are a little tarnished, and need a good polishing.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ralphbart
IHG Service, Owner at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Hello ralphbart,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

While I am glad that the room cleanliness and level of service received from the staff met your expectations, I am sorry to learn that the condition of some in-room amenities fell below expectations. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, and I trust that the actions that will be taken will make your next stay with us better than the last.

I hope you stay with us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 June 2021

I have visited the Intercontinental Sydney many times and been very happy, however this visit was so poor I felt I needed to negatively review. The rooms are very tired which is why they are renovating and I was warned about and noise but this was not an issue for me as I was out each day. My issues were with service, I request an ice bucket first night which took approx an hour to arrive, the second night I arrived back early evening (after being out all day) to find my room had not been serviced, I requested a simple service of some more ice and Tbags and I have waited an hour and a half so far! There is no bar open at 5pm in the hotel except for the Panorama bar (top floor great view) but you need to book and there is a minimum spend of $50. I was just wanting a quiet glass of wine. I am so disappointed, will not return. There are plenty of other hotels in Sydney to choose from.

Room tip: Choose another hotel
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank Alexandra V
InterContinental Sydney , General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Dear Alexandra V,

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental Sydney.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not deliver on your expectations and I am very disappointed to read of the shortfalls you experienced regarding the delay in our housekeeping service and room service delivery.

Thank you for letting us know where improvement is needed. It is comments like yours that help us continually improve and strive for excellence. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Jennifer Brown

Reviewed 8 June 2021

Stayed here as part of a mystery flight for a girls weekend, upon returning to our rooms they had not been made up as apparently they were to busy.

I left some chargers in the room upon leaving which apparently are not there and indicates to me that housekeeping did not turn the items in and kept them, only explanation when they were definitely left in the room.

Don't waste your money on this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2021
InterContinental Sydney , General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Dear Hartsx5_2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at InterContinental Sydney through Tripadvisor reviews.

Please allow my team to connect with you directly to further follow up. We hope to welcome you back to the InterContinental Sydney in future.

Warm Regards,

Jennifer Brown

Reviewed 3 June 2021

Great service, good location. Its having renovation at the moment so we stayed in an old room but it was good for the price. Parking was easy and would stay again. As an ambassador member we also got a late check out which was good. Main thing that stood out was the service from the staff as it was very good

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

Stayed one night here.
The photos on the website did not represent what the room was. I wouldn't call a shower over a bath with a shower curtain a 5 star hotel.
Staff were friendly.
Breakfast was good.
Should be rated a 4 star hotel

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Hi J983EDaaronb,

Thank you for leaving feedback and for staying at our InterContinental Sydney!

We always wanted our guests to have a delightful stay, no matter what the purpose of the travel is. While I'm glad about your positive rating on our breakfast and staff service, I'm sorry to learn that your experience turned sour due to your disappointment with the bathroom. I went ahead and shared your thoughts with the team so that necessary actions can be taken to promote improvement.

We look forward to hosting you again for a chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Cheers,