3,624 results
All reviews martin place clock tower heavenly bed heritage room mosaic restaurant old post office gpo building tower rooms rain shower spg member circular quay business hotel health club the executive lounge beautiful hotel room service star hotel
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was impressed by the Westin. The staff were helpful. I'd forgotten my phone charger and they sent one up in 5 minutes. The room was beautiful, clean and large. The beds were really comfortable, and my friend and I slept really well. The harbour is a short (15 mins) walk and you are a stone's throw from the shops.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

This hotel was the first one in mine and my wife's trip throughout Australia. We stayed here for the 2012 new year's celebrations.

The hotel was clean and more importantly, so were the rooms. The staff was friendly and professional. Very helpful to us when we had questions about where to go and what to see.

The SPG club lounge was also great. Quite full  each day due to the holiday weekend. What was great was that when it was too full, they would send you down to the restaurant downstairs which had a much better selection of food.

This hotel would get a five star overall rating from us and if we could rate it a 4.5 we would. However, our only complaint was the lack of wifi in the rooms themselves. Wifi was restricted to the lobby or the club lounge - which was so inconvenient. Anytime we needed the Internet, we had to go all the way downstairs. When you're tired, sometimes you just want to get ready for bed and curl up with your iPad with wifi - not have to trudge out of the room each time you need to check email or Skype.

I don't know if this is true or not, but a staff member told us that the hotel does indeed have wifi capabilities within the room themselves - but that they turned it off for the holiday weekend due to capacity issues with all the travelers. Again, I don't know if this is true or not. But if it is, I would think that was a  very poor decision for the hotel to make just to save a little cash on bandwidth.

Other than the wifi issues, this hotel is pretty close to the circular quay, the rocks, and other tourist spots to see. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again if we ever came back to Sydney.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Stiza82
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel and fell in love with everything from the hotel staffs, rooms, services, location, rates!

Westin Sydney hotel is truly excellent 5 star hotel! Highly recommended for family and business travel.

Close to Sydney major attractions. 5 mins walk to coles department store that made easy for us to buy bread, milk, any kids supplies.

There is post office in the ground level of the hotel. We can easily mail postcards, souvenirs, etc to family at home.

We can book any tour directly from the concierge.

The rooms were spotless clean, we request baby cot bed by phone and the minutes we opened our rooms door the baby cot bed was already there next to our king size bed!

Superb service!! We definitely come back staying in westin Sydney hotel for our next trip!!

2  Thank gemartraveling
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on 15th december after my husband booked the room on Wotif as a birthday surprise. Stayed in room 705, superior tower room.
Overall, I was very pleased with the standard of the room and it's cleanliness, with the only criticism I have being a bit of mildew in shower grouting and a 'sour' smelling shower curtain. Fairly picky but I do like a spotless bathroom and I do believe this should be a given at any 5*.
This was the only fault I could find with the room though and I loved the soft bed with fresh white linen and soft fluffy white bath towels.
The best thing about this room was the absolute quiet, no traffic noise! This was due to the room opening onto the covered central atrium and the quiet is a trade off with the lack of any view however, having stayed in much noisier rooms at other hotels in the CBD, I'll take a peaceful night's sleep over views any time!
We had a night cap in the hotel bar and as you would expect, quite expensive but very pleasant and relaxing service (so pleasant I recall the young Asian man that served us drinks was named Jason and he was absolutely delightful despite it being near the end of a long shift and he was a credit to his employer, thankyou)
Breakfast was fairly average in variety but acceptable (excellent poached eggs though) and service was pleasant.
All in all, a pleasant stay, good room, very good, pleasant service from all staff (at a busy time of year) and I would definitely rate this hotel much higher than others we've stayed at in CBD including Marriot and Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The westin is well positioned in the centre of Sydney very close to shopping and short walk to major restaurant precincts at King St Wharf and the Rocks and not far to go for a walk through the magnificent Botanical Gardens.
Parking is $56 overnight which is very steep. The concierge was helpful when questioned about other options directing us to Wilsons at Angel Place just a short walk away on Pitt St. You can't have multiple entry/ exits but the overnight was $15 (stayed a Sunday night) for 24 hours.
The hotel was really clean and well appointed. The room had a stunning bathroom but the " heavenly bed" was far from comfortable with the floor providing a more restful location.