“Mystery deal - great stay”
Review of The Westin Sydney

The Westin Sydney
Ranked #34 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The Westin is in a great location if you want to shop at the new Westfield Mall and the QVB, the rooms are very large and spacious, however parking is horrendous, its $59 per night, next time i'll park down the road a little bit at one of the Wilson parking stations for less than half of that. We had breckie and it was lovely, nice amenities in the room, and we were on the 8th floor and it was quiet.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I was sceptical due to the reviews here when I booked the Westin.
But the Westin truely is a great hotel. Rooms are modern and very spacious (I stayed in room 1311, a nice corner room with windows on 2 sides at the end of the hallway, which made it really quiet) and very nicely decorated. The location is perfect if you want to explore the city. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I stayed there when I came to Sydney, and checked a few other hotels while I was in the city. But for the last days of my trip I booked the Westin again. I think there is no better place to stay in Sydney.

Room Tip: I had corner room with windows on 2, and those rooms are very big.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed at the Westin for the week-end. Check in was quick, and friendly.
Our room looked over the atrium to the clock tower, very nice.
The room was spotless, with a modern spacious bathroom and dressing area.
The staff were all very friendly . I would definitley reccomend The Westin.
The beds and pillows were an absolute dream to sleep on.
Close to everything and only an easy 10 minute stroll to Circular Quay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Yes, it's an international hotel chain. However it's one of the best examples of a Westin hotel I've come across. I like the clean, white, spacious feeling design of the place. There are older styled and more modern rooms available, both very nice. Service is efficient if a little stuffy. I love the Heavenly beds - very comfortable. It deserves it's place among the top hotels in Sydney.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I was in Sydney on a work trip with 200 other people from all over. When I arrived it did not seem like anything special. Boy was I wrong. The staff were very polite and a pleasure to deal with. One of my clients was stoped in the lobby by a staff member after going for a walk. She was given and clean towel and a a bottle of water on entry. This was great to see. My room was huge with a king size bed. The bathroom was fantastic, even had electric blind that came down I front of the glass wall. This what a fantastic 2 night stay and would recommend this to everyone. Don't ask where to eat as we were sent down stair to prime (steak restaurant) where the steaks start at $50 just for the steak. Well worth it in the end as I loved it and I'm not a steak eater. Would recommend the experience if you like good food and wine and don't mind paying the price.

• Stayed: March 2011