3,580 results
All reviewsmartin placeclock towerheavenly bedheritage roommosaic restaurantold post officegpo buildingtower roomsrain showerspg membercircular quayhealth clubbusiness hotelbeautiful hotelthe executive loungeroom servicestar hotel
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I am afraid my review of hotels in Sydney will have to come to an end as I have found what I was looking for at the price I want to pay. $229 bought me a night of sheer comfort.
I stayed in my room for as long as possible, lazed around in the huge bath while classical music was piped through the speakers in the blond marble bathroom, had a long hot shower in the beautiful rain showerhead shower area, lazed around in my robe on the king sized bed with the soft fine linen and the ample supply of feather pillows, got take out from one of the many food outlets and watched a movie. How fantastic is that!
This place is central, close to everything important in Sydney. Shopping, restaurants, the harbour, the ferries, the buses, the trains......
The gym is well equipped and is shared with local membership so there are classes as well. The pool is perched above everything, like an attic pool. Its small but okay if you are desperate to get some laps in. It only has two lanes so best to get there early or late.
If you can get this room cheaper than what I did it will be the bargin of the century.
The staff are extremely efficient and professional.
This place restored me after a hectic week of travel. I felt like I was enclosed in a comfy world revolving around me.

I bought my ticket on Expedia.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BellaOlive
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We are visitors from the UK touring Australia. We landed in Sydney with great expectations and were not disappointed. Train transport from the airport (cheap and efficient), a short walk from the station to the Westin Hotel. This sympathetically rennovated Grand Post Office, combine with the modern glass additions is fantastic. We occupied a Heritage room the size of our bungalow at home! (slight exageration). The room had three enormous windows and high ceilins.. The decor was first class. The walk-in closet and large modern bathroom was excellent. The reception area is up there with the best five star hotels we have stayed at. The best, most professional staff we have come across. A close knit, efficient team. THE BEST.

Room Tip: Heritage rooms .
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Used some points (SPG) and cash ($80) for a Deluxe Tower room then paid $120 per night (2) to upgrade to an Executive Club room.
Room 3002. A great view, a big room. What more is required?
Enjoyed Canapes and drinks in the evenings and a very tasty well provisioned breakfast in the morning.
This was a birthday splurge. MUST do it again!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BobbyGAus
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband myself and our two children recently stayed here. It was wonderful. So central to everything, right in Martin Place, a stroll from Channel Seven building in Martin Place where the kids got on television in the morning with Koshy and Nat on Sunrise, that made their day. Walk to Circular Quay. Walk everywhere or get on the free green bus doing the City circuit from Circular Quay to Central all day. The hotel was just lovely, although staff were friendly it was a bit impersonal downstairs at reception but the rooms were beautiful. We overlooked the clock tower in Martin Place on 22nd floor and had three glimpses through the buildings on different angles of the harbour. Just gorgeous. The room was spotless, loved the marble spacious bathroom with separate toilet, shower and bath, white terry bathrobes for your use, luxurious beds. Just lovely. Only downer, if you want to park your car you can pay $56 per day extra for valet parking or the Hotel concierge can stamp your ticket from 123 Pitt Street Wilson carpark and you will only pay $25 per day. Only problem was the Concierge did not explain which carpark properly and when you are "country bumpkins" like us the city is overwhelming and we knew we were very near the hotel and saw a Wilson carpark sign and went in but it was Bond Street (off Pitt Street) carpark and when we went to pay the next day it was $138. Quite a let down when leaving on such a wonderful two days in Sydney. So make sure you are in the right carpark. Overall a wonderful, luxurious Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Martin Place (like ours) I think would have the best views of the harbour
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Aussie333Lithgow
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed for a weekend for my birthday. We had breakfast and parking included and I can honestly say they do the best breakfast buffet I have been to. Rooms were large, modern and clean. The signature bed was amazing (and I'm 6 months pregnant - so when I say it was comfortable you really should believe me). The rain shower was lush and the staff put us in a nice quiet room away from the lift. Restaurants nearby and a party at a trendy bar on George st meant we didn't use our car all weekend. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012