Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$165
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$144
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Veriu Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$88
Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$131
  • Pool
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$79
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$198
US$170
Swissotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$147
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
3,548 results
All reviewsmartin placeclock towerheavenly bedheritage roommosaic restaurantold post officegpo buildingtower roomsrain showerspg membercircular quayhealth clubbusiness hotelbeautiful hotelthe executive loungeroom servicestar hotel
Reviewed 26 December 2014

One of our favourite places to stay in Sydney.
Sadly, no beautiful harbour views; but for the city location, the meld of the modern with the traditional architecture of the original building is really something.
We have been staying here for years. We have experienced both the modern smaller rooms, and the larger; but older-style rooms....the ceiling heights and corn icing are amazing.....very different styles.
Sometimes it is booked out (it is very popular). So reluctantly we have to select another hotel...and opt for a beautiful view.
The dream beds are one of our favourites.
The downstairs bar/coffee shop would benefit from a new menu, or a couple more options.
Venturing to the swimming pool is also recommended! It is upstairs & indoors...worth an explore.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

Dear FJ_traveller_07

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are grateful for your loyalty and delighted you enjoy the architecture blending the modern 31 storey tower with the historic former General Post Office via the stunning glass atrium. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

Reviewed 26 December 2014

I'm a huge fan of Westin's heavenly bed and this stay reminded me why. The bed is extremely comfortable and I don't feel like I'm exaggerating when I say I believe this is what it feels like to sleep on the clouds.

Check-in to the hotel was seamless. Receptionist added my SPG card into the account and provided me with a copy of the updated hotel information during the festive period. I believe the pool was closed and change of hours for certain facilities during the Christmas period. No issues there. Went up to the room with no fuss and once inside, I was very impressed. The room is very spacious and it feels luxurious. Bathroom looked great as well. I have absolutely no complaints about the room itself, how many I do have 2 complaints about the cleanliness.

After taking a shower, I took 1 of their bath towels to dry myself off. Luckily for me, I had a sharp eye and noticed a huge (and trust me, I'm not exaggerating) piece of lizard faeces. At least it looked like lizard faeces and not rat faeces in between the folds of the towel. I was so disgusted at it that I laid out the other towels 1 by 1 to check if they were clean. Thankfully they were. I quickly called the service desk and told them about this. The lady was apologetic and service to change the towels were prompt, however it was a sight that I would have preferred not to see.

The second problem was with the carpet. Someone had spilled or left something on the carpet and it had gotten hard and crusty. I purposely did not complain about this because I wanted to check if housekeeping would have cleaned it the next day. Unfortunately they did not. I left it at that as I was checking out the next day anyway, I just made a mental note to not walk on that area.

The Service Express service (for lack of a better term) is excellent. I felt like a valued customer that I only had to go to 1 place for any issue or problem. All calls there were promptly answered and dealt with. I have to commend the hotel for this service. However, the front-desk and concierge staff weren't all the friendly. I'm not sure if this was because they had to work during the festive period, but out of 6 people spoken to, I can only recommend 3 of them and they were both from the reception. They were both extremely polite, friendly and welcoming. The rest of them were not a fair representation of the hotel.

For non-Sydney-siders, the location of this hotel is great for shopping. It's a stone throw away from Pitt Street mall, Myers, David Jones and Sydney Westfield.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kev_Shin

Dear Kev_Shin

Thank you for detailing your feedback following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are appreciative of your comments and naturally disappointed you were not totally satisfied with your experience. Thank you for your comments regarding the level of cleanliness of your accommodation room, this is very disappointing and certainly not indicative of the service we strive to maintain. Please rest assured this has been addressed accordingly with our Executive Housekeeper. We were also sorry to learn of your interactions with our Concierge and Front Desk Associates however pleased to read your comments in recognition of our Service Express team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2014 via mobile

With the amount of traffic major CBD hotels get, it's not surprising that things can get a little tired, dated and worn. The Westin still holds its own but I think it's on the cusp. The rooms aren't that far away from needing a tweak. The bed was good and all amenities were fine.

The Westin's location, though, is hard to top.

The bar was only average, a bit disappointing because they can be a real differentiator in hotels these days.

Service was good and a late checkout accommodated with no fuss.

We chose the Westin to mix it up having stayed at Sheraton on the Park last time and would probably go somewhere else next time.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A380FlyBoy

Dear A380FlyBoy

Thank you for conveying your feedback following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney and we regret your experience did not quite meet your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in an array of Starwood hotels across Asia, Europe and he US in the last 5 years, as well as the Shangri La in, the four seasons and intercontinental in Sydney this year - all of which I can say I have been consistently satisfied with. Unfortunately I had the displeasure of staying at the Westin Sydney over Xmas eve period this year. From start to finish my experience was marred by consistant levels of poor service and mismanagement. Here's a quick run through of my experience yesterday.

Arrival - On arrival wasn't greeted or helped by any member of staff. Had to drag my heavy bags into the lobby as the concierge and bell staff watched. Was given a room, when I arrived at the door the key didn't work. Called the courtesy phone, was told someone would come to my door with a new key. No one arrived. Went down to the lobby and was told my room had by mistake been reassigned to somebody else in the booking process. After a small exchange, we were upgraded which was fine.

Valet service - extremely rude. Had no knowledge of the cost of parking in the car park which completely amazed me.

Breakfast - completely understaffed. 20 minute wait to be seated.

Pool and gym closed - without notice from staff - amazes me that a so called 4.5* hotel, could be so understaffed as not to be able to keep the pool open on Xmas. As shops and major attractions are closed in town over this period. This hotel offers now facilities.

Check out - staff disorganised. Understaffed again. 25 minute wait to checkout.

The room is lovely. The hotel lobby is great. But the hotel was complete chaos and totally undertsaffed. Head to the Shangri la or intercontinental for a great experience.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Doron L

Dear Doron L

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are naturally concerned you were disappointed with your experience on this occasion and that we have fallen short of the very standards we set for ourselves. Please accept our sincere apologies and rest assured we will be personally addressing your concerns with the relevant managers to further investigate the service failures you encountered. We further regret if the opening hours of the lap pool part of the privately owned GoodLife Health Club did not meet your expectations.

While we regret your recent visit has tarnished your opinion of the hotel, we hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hospitality in the future.

Reviewed 24 December 2014

Stayed with a couple of colleagues here in December 2014. I am a fan of Starwood properties and you will see from an earlier review, I stayed at the Sheraton on the Park my last trip to Sydney. This is my first time staying at The Westin.

First impressions count. Mine started before I arrived when attempting to book a airport pickup. It took 3 emails to finally get the booking made. It was not a great start. Then arriving at the property, whilst the Doorman was very nice and helpful, the porters (which seemed to continue throughout my stay) were disinterested in working "hard" or finding out customers needs. Keeping in mind that this is a business hotel, due to the similar costs to stay per night (sometimes cheaper) I cannot help but compare to the Sheraton that is within walking distance.

Reception is helpful but not overly friendly. I arrived early (about 11am) and understand that the normal check-in time is not until 3pm. Due to this, I appreciate all that the reception staff did to get rooms ready earlier so that we were able to check-in around 12.30pm. (first world problem) I would point out for those that are SPG members, there was no real recognition of your membership apart from asking if I would like the amenity or the free internet (with the cost of internet these days even for organisations, internet should be free for all guests - or add $10 to the room rate and make it free) there was no recognition of status.

The rooms are of a very good size and in the standard layout of a Westin with the glass wall from bathroom to bedroom. This makes everything feel quite open. No issues here except for the clocktower chiming until about 9pm every 15 mins.

Roomservice was prompt with a good choice on the menu. I would suggest however that there could be some plain icecream available in addition to the choice of the day. A nice scoop of vanilla or chocolate would be great rather than All "exotic" concoctions that were available during my stay.

Lobby bar was good with good service considering that they were very busy during a wet December week.

Pros:
Good Location - walking distance to all things that you could need
Good Rooms - nice size and good layout
Good size lobby area with plenty of seats to wait for others
Fast lifts - dont ever remember waiting for longer than about 1min for one to arrive
Breakfast was good with a nice range of foods to choose from to start your day

Cons:
Service from the Porters (in general), did not feel like a valued guest in anyway from them
The lift (when I was there) did not require your key to be able to access the floors, security worry

In Summary:
Are all of the above enough to stop me from staying here in the future - no? Overall it is a good hotel, I am just doing a comparison of the brand and the money paid to other options locally that are equally prestigious and cost the same to stay. If you are after a slightly impersonal business hotel in a great location with large rooms, then this is probably your hotel and well worth the money to stay here. However, in a location where there is so much choice, there could be a better value option just around the corner if (personal viewpoint) service does not improve.

Room Tip: Get a room that is away from the clocktower, it can be annoying to have it ringing the bells every 15 mins until 9pm.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Addisongreen

Dear Addisongreen

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback online. Service is certainly an integral element of any experience and we are disappointed we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. We are however pleased to learn you took advantage of our central location and you were comfortable in our accommodation rooms. We appreciate your suggestions and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Sydney in the future.