Woolbrokers Hotel
US$171
US$180
US$213
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

Swissotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$137
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$133
  • Room Service
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$94
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$191
Veriu Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$84
Hotwire.com
All reviewsdarling harbourlight railbudget accommodationwall heateropposite receptionstreet levelcomfortable accommodationcontinental breakfastexcellent locationa king size bedclose to public transportshort walkfree wifishort stayair conditioningwould stay againan easy walk
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Just got back from a weekend in Darling Harbour and staying at the Woolbrokers and I had a great time! My room was awesome! Clean, tidy and in a perfect location!
Can't believe how cheap it was!
I am totally impressed and will be telling EVERYONE how great it is! I will def be staying again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank wenddd
Reviewed 15 January 2011

The staff were great, really helpful, and the location is ideal. Our gripe is that the rooms had a bad smell, there was mould on the window and curtain, the shower curtain had black mould and brown stains on it, and we itched every night from only what I can imagine were mites of some sort. Our 2 year old had bite marks all over his neck and back from them. The other down side for families with young children or the elderly is that there's no lift, so expect to do a lot of walking up and down stairs with strollers and prams. A shame, because the staff were really friendly.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Minol
ManagerJohn, Manager at Woolbrokers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

Please note that based on your review we inspected all our rooms and found no evidence of any problems regarding either cleanliness or bed bugs. Being an old building we always ensure our rooms and bathrooms are spotlessly clean. Regarding your son's itching, please be sure to contact anywhere else you may have stayed prior (or also if you took any buses or trains, these can sometimes have problems) in case they have a problem that needs addressing.
Regards, Management

Reviewed 5 January 2011

I booked a room for myself and wife after viewing the rooms on the internet. There was no mention of shared facilities. I expected to get what I could see.
What we got was a smelly room with 4 bunk beds and grey blankets. There was a sink, one chair and a table. The toilet was right outside the door and the showers upstairs. They looked a like shearer's beds.
They refused to refund my money or even part of my money. We left and had a great night at the Novotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duyfken

Please note that this guest booked the wrong room online and, when denied a refund, let us know that they will be posting negative reviews despite being informed that the mistake was theirs, not ours.The room online clearly listed shared bathroom and was underlined for emphasis, the bunks are brand new and hotel quality. I'm afraid it seems the guests expectations were out of line with the price paid ($95, when our nearest competitors are $250-300)- we offer clean, basic accommodation in a prime location for people wanting to stay in the city but not break the budget, and our prices clearly reflect that.
Regards,
Management

Reviewed 29 December 2010

We arrived very early in the morning on our first day in Sydney, after a 23 hour flight from the US we were tired of hauling our bags. Happily they stowed them in their office for us, and gave us directions to Darling Harbour! Oh my goodness! We crossed the street and were right on Darling Harbour...for 89 dollars a night! There were dozens of restaurants, the aquarium, water taxis, IMAX, Maritime Museum all within 5 minutes walk.

After 5 hours of sightseeing we returned to the hotel to check in...the sad little awning on the door does invoke a sense of "youth hostel" from my early days of traveling, and the staircase once inside likes to creak loudly (and goes up and up forever), but the rooms had sinks and refrigerators so we were able to shop at the "Woolies" (woolworth's) and have food in our rooms. The rooms varied dramatically, but most had second hand tables and older tv's...however, we were in Australia to see Australia, not watch television or be pampered in our rooms.

The staff was friendly and very willing to assist with taxis, directions and advice. We fell in love with Darling Harbour and Sydney, and we couldn't have afforded to stay so close to the harbour anywhere else. If you are a fancy traveler, have a bad back or are a light sleeper, skip this hotel. But if you like an adventure, love to walk about and don't mind sharing a bathroom (in some cases) it is THE BEST VALUE IN AUSTRALIA!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MJBrideJr
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I booked to stay here for two nights in Sydney and thought the hotel was great value for money. I paid $69 dollars for single room with a shared bathroom (which i already thought was very cheap), but I had injured my leg so the very kind staff upgraded me without me even asking to a room an ensuite on the ground floor so I didn't have to climb the stairs! The room was simple but very clean, the bed comfortable, the staff very warm and helpful and the breakfast was more than adequate. They have a nice little courtyard to relax in and it is so close to darling harbour that even with my dodgy leg I could walk everywhere I needed to go. Only down side would be a bit of road noise but as the lovely gentleman at reception said unfortunately in the city it's just something that is unavoidable. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo