“Authentic Pho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 3 August 2015

There was a short break in the shopping. It was a cold day and it had to be soup. Rather than going up to the third level of Market City to the Food court, we found this little Vietnamese restaurant tucked away in the back corner of the first level. What a find. They have a modest menu to choose from: I chose rare beef Pho, my dining partner chose seafood Pho. We wanted to take some home, so they arranged that. The bean sprouts were crunchy, there was plenty of tea on the table. Yum. Coming again.

3  Thank Star707

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

Not too hard to find once you get into Market City - the pho is quite delish and I rank it in my top 3 of pho I've eaten. Very quick service and no mucking around with it coming out - it was served within minutes - only downside was the restaurant closed at 7 due to it being in the shopping centre which then required my friend and I to go off wandering so we could still catch up

1  Thank Jody2014
Reviewed 15 January 2015 via mobile

Keen to find a good bowl of soup. This place gets pretty decent write ups. Not sure if Sydney has great Vietnamese places. This one for pho is ok. Broth was very nice and hot, beef was kind of 'crumbly' not the usual cut for rare sliced beef and we didn't receive any coriander on top! Noodles were very good. Hit the spot but not top ten.

1  Thank danstar68
Reviewed 1 December 2014

If like me you are a lover of pho than this is a must try experience...went on the advice of some of the reviewers here and have to agree that this is some of the best pho I have tasted...And I lived in Vietnam for 2 years so I have had some of the best. Beef broth rich and delicious, a generous portion of thinly sliced beef, and tasty noodles, crisp bean sprouts served with the lemon, fresh chilli and basil...All the right condiments available on the table as well as a flask of fresh tea. Service is quick and friendly...Can't wait to go back to try some of their other menu items...two of us tried the basic beef pho on the menu offered as a way of testing the broth and the standard of this cafe...Outstanding....I drooled for days...Can't wait to return.

2  Thank Carol948
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I think this is better than pho pasteur personally~~ I had the dry vermicelli noodle with the grilled meat and my mum had the beef pho~~ as good as the one i had in hanoi..

1  Thank Anne L