Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Ocean Extreme tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Ocean Extreme
from US$66.00
More Info
from US$66.00
More Info
All reviews speed boat whale watching captain blake el capitan fur seals see whales pod of dolphins amazing experience small boat great fun fast ride whale experience these beautiful creatures close encounter saw dolphins great boat open ocean
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We had an absolutely fantastic morning. The tour exceeded all expectation!! Thank you so much Blake!!

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went on this tour through a red balloon experience and we loved it! The speedboat was a lot of fun and when we saw the whales it was just amazing! They didn’t breach but obviously they are wild animals and you’re just there to observe and not interfere, gives us an excuse to go again! Blake the captain was very respectful of the whales and knew his stuff too. I would definitely recommend this tour!

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We went on a whale watching trip with ocean extreme this weekend and had the best time. Our captain Blake had loads of interesting info and facts for us and the boat got us out there so quickly we had loads of time with the whales. As well as having more time with the whales because the boat's so quick, I would thoroughly recommend going with ocean extreme as opposed to some of the bigger boats as it felt so much more intimate. As we were so much closer to the water we were only within a couple of metres of the whales as they were coming right up to and underneath the boat. The actual boat trip itself was really fun too. Would thoroughly recommend!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

You never know what you might see (or not see) on tours to see wild mammals, but Blake from Ocean Extreme gives you the best chance in the RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) which has some serious horsepower. They also offer a whale sighting guarantee (subject to conditions).

We headed out from Circular Quay, via Manly to pick up more guests, and went out a few kilometres. Blake spotted some humpback whales in the distance, and we sped over to them. From there, we drifted alongside them whilst maintaining a good distance respecting their space. And BOY, did they put on a show! We saw several breaches. Definitely felt very lucky.

Prior to the tour, I was having a dilemma on which lens to use for my camera. I ended up taking my fastest lens which wasn’t the longest. I think it was the right decision for me as I could point to the general direction and shoot away, whilst watching the whales with my own eyes. If I had a zoom lens I probably would’ve just been looking through the camera the whole time. And it didn’t matter anyway because Blake took photos so everyone could focus on the whales. They were professional photos and he very kindly shared them with us after the tour! He also provided us with jackets making sure we were warm enough.

On the way back, we were lucky to also see dolphins and seals!

On top of all this, the boat ride alone was great fun. TIP: hold onto your cap or wear a beanie instead. I saw at least 2 caps fly past me when we picked up speed.

Fantastic memory which left me smiling for days after. Planning to rebook already.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Great day out on the adventure whale watching tour. Fun ride on the fast boat, our guide was friendly and had good knowledge. The captain Blake also made available pictures taken on the day to add to our collection.
We saw few whales and dolphins and followed them for a while. Was a great trip. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Wynny B