“Great value ramen!”

Ranked #1,097 of 6,912 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We ordered ramen and we loved it! We believed that it was really great value ramen! Though there could be problems getting seats (and the line could be long!), it is definitely worth the wait!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 28 June 2017

There is a great selection of food, though I was very disappointed that ALL the bento sets were not sold when I was there. It was only 5pm in the evening!
Anyway, expect long queues from 6pm onwards, more so on weekends. Prices are reasonable.
However, I become horribly thirsty an hour or so after the dinner. Could be a very salty dinner, or the addition of MSG/ajinomoto. I cannot verify of course, but it does seem to point to that considering I didnt take any other food after dinner, and I rarely get this issue unless I consume food with ajinomoto. In any case, it is just my guess, and am not accusing anyone. I would, though, give this place one more try, just to see it for myself again.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

While you might stop in at Tenkomori Ramen House for the Tokyo street styling and buzzy atmosphere, you’ll return for their tonkotsu broth. This stock is creamy from boiling pork bones, fat and collagen over high heat from many hours. The resulting soup, enjoyed as Cha Shu Ramen ($12.20 extra large), is cloudy and full of porky flavour. The generously proportioned pork loin slices that float on top of the toothsome, hand-rolled noodles only enhance the dish’s flavour. It’s dressed quite simply with a pink and white fishcake, shallots and roasted sesame, though you can adjust the taste of your ramen yourself using their supplied vinegar and various chilli-based accompaniments from Japanese chilli powder to chilli sauce. The soup is so good; I’m almost loath to adjust it.

However in a second bowl of Chilli Pork Ramen ($9.90/large) where the pork slices are replaced with an over-sweet pile of lightly spicy pork mince, I go to town with vinegar and chilli to correct the imbalance. One extra it’s hard to go past is the Nitamago ($1.50) – seasoned boiled eggs - their creamy soft centres go gangbusters with the creamy tonkotsu broth. From the self-service bar you can also add cooked corn kernels, Chuka Wakame ($0.90) seaweed, and Chinese Cabbage Kimchi ($1.30) to up the vegetable content of your noodle soup.

As I sit at a shared table in the slurping gallery punctuating mouthfuls of the slightly salty broth with Sapporo Draught Beer ($6/340ml), I can’t help but feel pretty satisfied with my under-fifteen buck dinner.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I love the food here! It has a buffet style feel and you can order from a large variety of food options, especially if you like Japanese food. The average bowl is $9.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch!
The most disappointing Ramen I have eaten! Really bad , also we had takoyaki
Which was equally as bad!
Very disappointed!