“Magnifique!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Darlinghurst
Reviewed 16 June 2017

What a wonderful little Restaurant . It transported me back to Paris!
A very cosy , simple interior that felt very French actually.Very tasteful indeed.
Really very very good service. Our lovely waiter seemed to be managing the entire Restaurant himself and did so efficiently and fabulously . No delays, always checking glasses, perfect timing between courses, friendly and knowledgable.
The food was really delicious. Nothing overly complicated which often happens with French cooking. The flavours were perfectly balanced, authentic. The meat was very very good quality and the frites were just delicious!
I don't often give a perfect score however residing on the north side of Sydney where it is near impossible to find decent authentic Restaurants that aren't either local cheapies or ridiculously over priced and snobby (see my other reviews) I must do so with Onde. Really for the price ,which is very fair and reasonable ,relative to the quality and experience, I have to say its perfect!
I giggle at some of the fellow reviewers comments who are clearly spoilt for choice and who obviously dont appreciate the beauty sometimes that can be found in minor imperfections! ( oh dear! there was a hole in the carpet, behind the wall , around the back that was clearly visible with a magnifying glass!!)

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Friendly and efficient staff, great menu,steak always excellent and seasonal salads delicious. Great place to go off the 'tourist' track, make a point of visiting every time I visit Sydney

Reviewed 4 May 2017

The food was great French country cooking, the service impeccable and we had a very nice time. I would go again and recommend it to friends.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Having lived in the area for many years, I had always come with my wife and friends to Onde when we were not in the mood for a big night out, but rather a quick quality meal. The food is always on point, my favourite being the duck parfait and the T-bone which is always cooked to perfection. The service is always efficient if not always friendly (can't blame them with the amount of customers they have to deal with). The wine list is great and the prices haven't changes much in over 10 years. We will be coming back next time we come to Sydney.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Food was great, wine was delicious, service was outstanding. Totally would recommend going there again.