“Never Fails To Impress ”
Review of Onde

Onde
Ranked #535 of 6,571 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Darlinghurst
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We visit every time we are in the area. Always made welcome no matter how busy. Staff attentive. Food is fresh and wholesome. Good wines.

1  Thank AntipodeanFrankie

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Place can be noisy when packed as very often the case, Service is efficient, food always very good.Good address not to be missed

1  Thank mascot2016
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

No bookings taken so walked in on sat night at 7 pm and got a good table for 2. Noticed that first sitting was well underway so around 8pm people poured out and new peeps started piling in. I've been here a few times and always got a good seat. Btw there are no bad seats. I had PERFECT steak with red wine sauce. I swapped the chips for greens and we shared a whitloaf salad. The steak was a thin cut tbone (my favourite) brilliantly cooked. I like it well done. one glass of red wine each. Came to $110 for two. Not cheapest. But definitely the best value. Lovely service. Calm atmosphere, can hear each other, can see food. Small things but they really matter.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Half disappointed : We had been recommended this place, and I am sure many people have a great experience as it was busy on a Monday night, but I was disappointed with the steak and how the waitress reacted. We struggled to get through the steak, it was grisly in parts and cooked too rare for our usual medium rare. My daughter handed it over to me (and took my duck confit- which was fine) as she was struggling to cut the steak and chew it. I also gave up 3/4 way through. I tried to catch my waiters eye but he was busy, so a waitress came over. Her reaction to me giving feedback was quite terse. She did not apologise and justified the grisliness as because it was TBone. She did ask me what I wanted to do about it but her tone was not gracious. I decided not to reorder and asked that that specific meal not be charged for. (which was agreed). The original waiter then came over and apologised. Had expected better from a recommended place.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

What a wonderful little Restaurant . It transported me back to Paris!
A very cosy , simple interior that felt very French actually.Very tasteful indeed.
Really very very good service. Our lovely waiter seemed to be managing the entire Restaurant himself and did so efficiently and fabulously . No delays, always checking glasses, perfect timing between courses, friendly and knowledgable.
The food was really delicious. Nothing overly complicated which often happens with French cooking. The flavours were perfectly balanced, authentic. The meat was very very good quality and the frites were just delicious!
I don't often give a perfect score however residing on the north side of Sydney where it is near impossible to find decent authentic Restaurants that aren't either local cheapies or ridiculously over priced and snobby (see my other reviews) I must do so with Onde. Really for the price ,which is very fair and reasonable ,relative to the quality and experience, I have to say its perfect!
I giggle at some of the fellow reviewers comments who are clearly spoilt for choice and who obviously dont appreciate the beauty sometimes that can be found in minor imperfections! ( oh dear! there was a hole in the carpet, behind the wall , around the back that was clearly visible with a magnifying glass!!)