“Local 'secret' that should't be missed”
Review of Onde

Onde
Ranked #537 of 6,621 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Darlinghurst
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Always excellent, Saturday's meal was no exception. Everyone proclaimed their meals stunning and the wine and service lived up to expectation as well. We will be back!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We visit every time we are in the area. Always made welcome no matter how busy. Staff attentive. Food is fresh and wholesome. Good wines.

1  Thank AntipodeanFrankie
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Place can be noisy when packed as very often the case, Service is efficient, food always very good.Good address not to be missed

1  Thank mascot2016
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

No bookings taken so walked in on sat night at 7 pm and got a good table for 2. Noticed that first sitting was well underway so around 8pm people poured out and new peeps started piling in. I've been here a few times and always got a good seat. Btw there are no bad seats. I had PERFECT steak with red wine sauce. I swapped the chips for greens and we shared a whitloaf salad. The steak was a thin cut tbone (my favourite) brilliantly cooked. I like it well done. one glass of red wine each. Came to $110 for two. Not cheapest. But definitely the best value. Lovely service. Calm atmosphere, can hear each other, can see food. Small things but they really matter.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Half disappointed : We had been recommended this place, and I am sure many people have a great experience as it was busy on a Monday night, but I was disappointed with the steak and how the waitress reacted. We struggled to get through the steak, it was grisly in parts and cooked too rare for our usual medium rare. My daughter handed it over to me (and took my duck confit- which was fine) as she was struggling to cut the steak and chew it. I also gave up 3/4 way through. I tried to catch my waiters eye but he was busy, so a waitress came over. Her reaction to me giving feedback was quite terse. She did not apologise and justified the grisliness as because it was TBone. She did ask me what I wanted to do about it but her tone was not gracious. I decided not to reorder and asked that that specific meal not be charged for. (which was agreed). The original waiter then came over and apologised. Had expected better from a recommended place.