“If you like the music ”

Sounds of Starlight
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

We attended the show tonight. To me the music was enchanting I wasn't interested in having an audience "Jam session " I came to listen to the music. The kids would enjoy playing with the instruments though. I did enjoy the music.

1  Thank Peter T

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

We had a bus group of senior people into to watch the show. What Andrew can't do with a didgeridoo. Our group was left speechless. I've seen quite a few show around Australia and can say this is one of the best.

1  Thank TonyT22
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

When in Alice visit the Sounds of Starlight store if you want an authentic aboriginal instrument. If you can make sure you see the show as it really shows how a didgeridoo can be played. Try one out and even get lessons. The prices are based on yhe fact that the didges are real and not simple tourist fodder.
Having heard the show twice now it still excites me and gives you a sense of the land.

1  Thank Paul B
Samantha1966, Owner at Sounds of Starlight, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Thank you exactly what we are trying to do - give a real feel of the Red Centre and its vibe with the didgeridoo.

Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

I stumbled across this place after coming into Alice to head out to Uluru. It advertised a didgeridoo show that evening, so I bought a ticket and came back. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening.... Small theatre that, on our night, might have had 40-50 people but can hold more. Whole show goes about 1.5 hours, and the audience has a chance to participate in a short jam session at the end.

The didge style is definitely on the more contemporary side.... Accompanied by two percussionists and some background music tracks. I'd never really heard that side of didge music before.

My favourite part was getting to meet Andrew, the owner and didge player, outside of the show. He's very personable, very willing to show people a few tricks on the didge, and in fact, I came back on two separate days after the show to try out the instruments he has and to practice a bit, as I'm trying to learn how to play didgeridoo. Definitely enjoyed myself and made a friend in the process. I'd definitely check this place out if you're interested in didgeridoo music at all. A great way to pass a couple of hours in Alice!

4  Thank Cocomoe67

Another great review thanks so much greatly appreciated. Andrew is indeed very passionate about the didgeridoo, his music and the whole Red Centre. So glad you were able to spend time at the theatre there is so much to do and learn.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

I recently had the pleasure to attend the Didgeridoo Show Outback at The Sounds of Starlight Theatre at Todd Mall, Alice Springs.

From the get go I found the lead performer - Didgeridoo player Andrew Langford, to be excellent, in terms of both performance, customer service, teaching and telling the story of his personal experience of the Dreamtime, thanks to much wisdom and knowledge passed onto Andrew from Elders.

On top of that, Andrew and his partner, Samantha, and their staff, are really nice folks, and their form of entertainment is a major highlight of the entire Alice Springs region.

I've seen a lot of forms of entertainment in my life, including countless music and theatre acts, and Andrew's seriously rates right up there.

The journey that Andrew takes you on in the 1.5 hour show is one not to be missed, and one that you will remember for many years, such is his expertise.

As they say, keep doing what you're doing. Great stuff. Highly recommended.

Greg Tingle

1  Thank mediaman1

Thanks Greg what a wonderful review - so glad you enjoyed yourself at the theatre.