Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$55
US$58
Free cancellation until 12/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$52
Hotels.comUS$58
eDreamsUS$52
CheapTicketsUS$58
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2019

Very friendly staff ! The German man at the desk was very friendly and full of good advises on where to go and what to do. The common area are cute and the tiny pool is a plus for the very warm days. The kitchen is big enough and the TV room very comfy. Showers are very clean and pretty big. Rooms are spacious (especially private room) with no air con but a fan system that brings air in the room. Location is perfect and close to everything.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bastian C
Reviewed 29 December 2018

43 degree heat outside, bedroom has no aircon, to make up for lack of aircon there's not even a fan - thats bordering inhumane. Horribly hot and stuffy in room. The communal spaces are not much cooler than outside either. Front desk is not always staffed, you have to wait around for the receptionist. Bad smelling bathrooms. Worst YHA I have ever stayed in.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank sophiebG6557YK
YHA_Backpacker, Front Office Manager at Alice Springs YHA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2019

Hi Sophie - as our rooms are air conditioned, we are not sure what was the issue here. Did you talk to reception? We would have investigated and got the machines checked as we want our guests to have a good night's sleep. So sorry that you had issues - never hesitate to come talk to us, please.

Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

Really dissapointed by my stay at this hostel.
The room I stayed in was pretty average at first glance but at $25 a night you get what you pay for.
The issues began after a few nights when it became apparent there were bed bugs and my friends and I all started noticing little red spots appearing all over our legs.
Another girl staying in my dorm had her bed get saturated one night after it rained and reported it to reception who didn't do anything about it.

The kitchen and ammenities were good but one big tour from Uluru came in and had a BBQ and drank all my milk and used mine and a couple of other guests food. Nothing was done about this.

Then about a week later I left my handbag sitting on one of the tables on the outdoor eating area while I went to use the bathroom and I came back and it had been stolen by someone who jumped the fence.
The hostel obviously didn't take responsibility for this although they have cameras all around the hostel but none that got a look at the person who stole my bag. The fence where the person jumped hasn't been fixed and still they don't warn people not to leave valuables inside the hostel to avoid theft.
Would've really helped me out if I got a warning that this stuff happened here because I wouldn't have left my bag behind an unsecure fence.

A few nights after that I had a weirdo staying in the hostel set my car on fire out the front when I told him I was leaving

To top it all off, I called the hostel for the third time to find out if my replacement bank card had arrived and was finally put through to a managed who responded saying he "returned to sender because it's not his mail and he doesn't want it" there"
Big pain in the butt for me considering all of my ID and cards were in my handbag when it got stolen and the only reason I was able to get a replacement card sent was because I knew the person working in the bank in Alice springs. Now I'm in SA and I'm up Schit Creek without a paddle and little-to-no craps given by the authority of the YHA.

Unprofessional, unreliable, and unsafe.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Deezybee
Reviewed 6 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for only the one night but found it to be a good location, clean and comfortable beds. You had to go outside to get to the toilets and showers, but they were clean and had warm water in the showers.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Cfstewart
Reviewed 26 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the nineteen bed dorm, apart from the leaky roof, it was spaced out pretty well into sections so felt like I was in a six bed. Common area was nice, had a TV, board games and a ton of books! Kitchen provided cute storage, an oven and freezer (rare luxieries for a backpacker). Only real complaint is I turned up for free pancakes as advertised in the common room but didn't happen.

Date of stay: November 2018