Lowest prices for your stay
US$57
Free cancellation until 19/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$54
US$51
Hotels.comUS$57
eDreamsUS$51
CheapTicketsUS$57
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2019

The hostel is in a good central location. I found the accomodation to be clean including the dorm and kitchen. I loved the outdoor movies each evening especially watching Rabbit Proof Fence - I have watched this movie several times, but this was the perfect location for it. The staff at the hostel were very friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend it.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
YHA_Backpacker, Guest Relations Manager at Alice Springs YHA, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2019

Hi Jenny - that is certainly a great movie to see whilst in Central Australia! Our hostel used to be an outdoor movie theatre so we love to keep the tradition going with guest movies.

Reviewed 23 March 2019

It's a nice place with a good AC (not too Cold) and a lot of shady places outside. If you are still too hot there is a pool to cool down.
It’s clean and tidy but you still might met cockroaches in the night crawling around outside.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve123533
YHA_Backpacker, Guest Relations Manager at Alice Springs YHA, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2019

hi Steve - great you had a good time. Cockroaches are an Australian institution! They are fine so long as they stay outside - we use pest services to make sure they do ... Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 22 March 2019

Very friendly staff ! The German man at the desk was very friendly and full of good advises on where to go and what to do. The common area are cute and the tiny pool is a plus for the very warm days. The kitchen is big enough and the TV room very comfy. Showers are very clean and pretty big. Rooms are spacious (especially private room) with no air con but a fan system that brings air in the room. Location is perfect and close to everything.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank Bastian C
Reviewed 29 December 2018

43 degree heat outside, bedroom has no aircon, to make up for lack of aircon there's not even a fan - thats bordering inhumane. Horribly hot and stuffy in room. The communal spaces are not much cooler than outside either. Front desk is not always staffed, you have to wait around for the receptionist. Bad smelling bathrooms. Worst YHA I have ever stayed in.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank sophiebG6557YK
YHA_Backpacker, Front Office Manager at Alice Springs YHA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2019

Hi Sophie - as our rooms are air conditioned, we are not sure what was the issue here. Did you talk to reception? We would have investigated and got the machines checked as we want our guests to have a good night's sleep. So sorry that you had issues - never hesitate to come talk to us, please.

Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

Really dissapointed by my stay at this hostel.
The room I stayed in was pretty average at first glance but at $25 a night you get what you pay for.
The issues began after a few nights when it became apparent there were bed bugs and my friends and I all started noticing little red spots appearing all over our legs.
Another girl staying in my dorm had her bed get saturated one night after it rained and reported it to reception who didn't do anything about it.

The kitchen and ammenities were good but one big tour from Uluru came in and had a BBQ and drank all my milk and used mine and a couple of other guests food. Nothing was done about this.

Then about a week later I left my handbag sitting on one of the tables on the outdoor eating area while I went to use the bathroom and I came back and it had been stolen by someone who jumped the fence.
The hostel obviously didn't take responsibility for this although they have cameras all around the hostel but none that got a look at the person who stole my bag. The fence where the person jumped hasn't been fixed and still they don't warn people not to leave valuables inside the hostel to avoid theft.
Would've really helped me out if I got a warning that this stuff happened here because I wouldn't have left my bag behind an unsecure fence.

A few nights after that I had a weirdo staying in the hostel set my car on fire out the front when I told him I was leaving

To top it all off, I called the hostel for the third time to find out if my replacement bank card had arrived and was finally put through to a managed who responded saying he "returned to sender because it's not his mail and he doesn't want it" there"
Big pain in the butt for me considering all of my ID and cards were in my handbag when it got stolen and the only reason I was able to get a replacement card sent was because I knew the person working in the bank in Alice springs. Now I'm in SA and I'm up Schit Creek without a paddle and little-to-no craps given by the authority of the YHA.

Unprofessional, unreliable, and unsafe.

Date of stay: November 2018