“Interesting”

Zuri Bar & Dining
Ranked #3,062 of 4,724 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Zuri Bar & Dining is one of Australia’s most sophisticated lounge bars, with stunning baroque décor, Asian-inspired cuisine and an unrivaled cocktail menu, perfect for quiet drinks or dramatic celebrations with up to 380 guests.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is a quirky interesting bar/restaurant. The décor is big and suited to a Boudeville style. The food is a contrast to the atmosphere being Japanese. Both the décor and the food is really good , they just don't go together. The staff are super friendly and I did enjoy the meal but I don't think I would go back except maybe for a drink.

1  Thank Lynda F

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were the lucky recipients of a "Red Ballon" voucher and were delighted to make use of it at Zuri Bar & Dining in the Valley, Brisbane. An impressive classical, tasteful & elegant decor is the entry impression into this venue. Then the attentive, friendly and efficient staff. An interesting range of cocktails at $5 prices 5 - 8pm is a Brisbane bargain. The "Zuri" cab. sav. house wine red was very acceptable. The selection of Japanese "tapas-like" dishes was great and the desserts (not on the menu) were a yummy end to a very pleasant dining experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Our group of 8 booked the $110 VIP tickets for New Year's Eve 2013. The package included a 4.5 hour drinks package, canapés and entertainment. I was a little sceptical of how much value would be in the deal but we all ended up having a fantastic time and got our money's worth. The bar wasn't too packed so you could get drinks easily throughout the night. The beverage list included two cocktails, strongman or hula girl. The strongman was my fav. All of the canapés were delicious with an Asian flavour. The entertainment was fun and included a hula hoop performer and contortionists. The décor fitted in nicely with the carnival theme and there was also a photo booth stand and body painter. The music was funky and the crowd was laid back. All of us had an awesome night and we will definitely be looking at their 2014 New Year's package.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I visited here with two friends who were venue hunting for a place to book each of their functions later in the year. The venue itself is really stunning, however the hostile tirade from the venue manager has left us too intimidated to ever venture back. As if being told I was supposed to know the brightly lit room with the open door was not to be entered into, the way we were brushed off when we tried to get past that and state our intentions was poor people skills at the least. Yet when I posted a comment on the facebook page regarding this incident I was confronted yet again, called a criminal and abused yet again. When we were finally able to speak without interruption, and mentioned we were looking to possibly book a function, was a half hearted apology issued and an offer of a free drink. The place is pretty, but I will never go back.

3  Thank mrspowerhunter
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

I booked my sisters hens night here back in August and had to pay $500 for a room ( which was redeemable at the bar on tab) we booked with the promise of having waiter come and take orders and provide food... When we got there we were ignored by staff and wondered around until waiting at the bar and asking the bartender if they could get someone for us, the service was apauling with no sevice to our private room and we constantly had to go to the bar and ask for drinks and for the food to come out we ended up getting so annoyed that we spent the rest of the money on shots so we could leave !!!

2  Thank Meegs208