“Great games set up but ordinary food service.”

Oche Fortitude Valley
Ranked #3,193 of 4,951 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$2 - US$28
Description: Brisbane's most unique social dining experience hits the Valley! Modern Darts bring people together in an unrivalled fashion. Enjoy delicious share plates and mouth watering pizzas paired with local craft beers and feature cocktails. At Oche, everyone's a winner!
Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

Great darts setup and easy to play with a group of friends. but food service was ordinary and ruined the visit for me. I waited 2 hours for a pre-ordered, pre-paid meal that never arrived, despite following up with wait staff 4 times. Eventually just asked for a refund so I could just eat something from another venue down the road.... The manager providing the refund didn't seem to care and didn't offer up an apology. Won't be heading back to eat there any time soon.

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed 9 December 2020 via mobile

It is with some “frustration” that I had to write this negative review.

I have held and attended several events at Oche and generally had good service and a pleasurable event however...

Last week we took our Brisbane Staff to this venue for our xmas party and I have to say that they ruined a great night.

We arrived 10mins prior to our booking as requested as our group consisted of 25 people. Getting into the venue was not an issue but then the drama unfolded.

We stood near the bar when instructed however, unable to get drinks due to only 2 staff serving. We then got abused by the security guy for blocking the access way!!
Our booth booking time elapsed and 15mins later we entered and again got abused because we did not give them time to clean.

The service throughout the night was average due them being so busy.. For some reason, I assumed you would be used to rowdy large groups!! I was wrong.

I am extremely disappointed that the managers do not monitor the guests requirements and hope you use this feedback to reflect on ways you can do better.
I am a corporate customer who has spent thousands of dollars in your premises..

Maybe for my next function, we will go axe throwing!!

Steve Ford.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 6 December 2020

We decided to try Oche for a birthday dinner as a way to promote a bit of mingling. None of us were darts players before the night but it didn't matter and all of us had lots of fun.

The pub style food was pretty high quality and well priced. The drinks were a little on the pricy side but not too bad. The service was excellent and were were well looked after. The price for the Oche was a little on the expensive side but given that it was a celebration it didn't bother us.

All in all we had a great night and we would happily return for another night of fun. I don't award many 'excellent' ratings but this well run establishment deserves it.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank NauticalDreamer3010
Oche F, Owner at Oche Fortitude Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Such amazing feedback! We are so happy to hear you had a lovely time at Oche. Hope to see you again soon for another great time.

Reviewed 28 July 2020 via mobile

No matter how great a setup a place can have, it can easily be ruined by terrible staff. Thankfully Oche has incredible staff.

This was the 3rd stop on my bucks, and we had a ball.
The staff were insanely friendly and helpful, they got in on a laugh, and helped with some challenges I had to do. The food and drink there is sensational, and darts was mad fun.

But seriously the staff made it, there are very few places I have been to where the staff go out of there way to make sure everyone is having a good time.

I will 100% be back again to have a more laid back session, you guys kick ass.

My advice, give everyone who worked on Saturday night a raise

Date of visit: July 2020
Oche F, Marketing at Oche Fortitude Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for your 5-star review. I am so glad to hear you had a great time with us. Can't wait to see you again soon hitting bullseyes!