“Excellent sushi...even takeaway”

Bishamon Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #197 of 4,819 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fabulous little restaurnat with authentic Japanese food and service, the freshness of the food, flavour and overall experience was sensational. Well Done !
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at the Hotel Urban to celebrate our wedding anniversary and I was feeling to unwell to go out to celebrate. My husband went to Bishamons after it being recommended by reception. I was so pleased to see what he brought back for me, it was the perfect medicine. The fish was so fresh and a nice range of variety of fish, plenty of pickled ginger and lovely Wausau paste (not the little packets). My husband said the restaurant was packed but the service was very timely and economically priced. It made my evening nice despite my illness. Thank you!

1  Thank subaru0117

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Tucked away in Spring Hill and near the St Andrews Hospital is Bishamon Japanese Restaurant. We found this amazing restaurant by chance as it was close to our hotel and were blown away with the quality of the food, politeness of the staff and the overall experience.

We ordered Sukiyaki for the first time and the host patiently spent time with us to instruct us on how to best enjoy the meal - it was the best Japanese I have ever experienced and left us both in awe. This was a dining experience right up there with the best and we left with the promise to return next year on our annual vacation.

1  Thank RicknSimon
Reviewed 13 December 2015

It might seem like an exaggeration but this is definitely the best find! You know it's going be good when you walk in and Japanese families are eating there. We had several entrees & mains and a delicious sake tasting plate. We were positioned at the teriyaki BBQ so could watch the chef do his magic. The service was spot on. We were a last minute reservation & sitting at the BBQ was the only option, but I thought it was a great one, especially for our 8 yo.
I'd recommend booking for dinner. The hot pots looked incredible also.

1  Thank Verity B
Reviewed 6 November 2015

Have been to Bishamon a couple of times recently and both times I've been impressed by the service and the food. It's not an up market restaurant but the service is excellent and the food is present beautifully. And it is great value for money. The specials looked interesting but we stuck to the main menu and didn't even get to the main courses. We ordered vegetables and mushrooms, tonkatsu and teriyaki fish (all $15) off the entrée menu and this was plenty (possibly too much but we managed to eat it all) for the two of us. We also had a serve of rice and a couple of glasses of wine (which were reasonably priced). They also sell beer, sake and shochu. We also enjoyed a complimentary snack that was offered to us. All this for $60. We'll be back.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Bishamon is one of our favourite places to enjoy great Japanese food, everything is cooked to perfection here and beautifully presented. Always very fresh excellent sashimi & sushi, tempura and best octopus balls (takoyaki)! Very fast service, very friendly staff, very good value for money!