“Freshest Sashimi you can get in Brisbane ”

Hosokawa Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #332 of 5,015 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Having explore Japanese food in Brisbane. Finally found this hidden gem of a family owned, real Japanese restaurant. It is really the best and freshest sashimi you can find to date. Comparing it to the top five recommended on some websites, it beats all of them hands down if food is the criteria you are seeking.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Late of a Tuesday night and they didn't turn us away.
Quick bite to eat, a little on the expensive side but I guess that's due to the location etc.
I wasn't very hungry and wanted to try their fried oysters - the dipping sauce was amazing, so light and fresh.
The hand roll was also really fresh and the chicken karaage was also enjoyed.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

We regularly eat here. Either the dine in or the take away option.
It is not cheap but the quality is absolutely outstanding. The fresh sashimi is fantastic and we all adore the gyoza.
This modest local restaurant serves food which is first class. If you appreciate fantastic quality and fine Japanese food you must visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

We have been here previously with great success some years ago. This time we lucked out. We did order three dishes to start with and were told we may have to wait 20 min for one. No issue there .
We ordered a Mirren marinated white fish , only Salmon was available , still good. Then the food arrived , our Salmon was a small dried our over cooked piece , with not much going for it , the Octopus was similar to a small tyre, and not much off it either. Where was the beef ?
The table next to us had a dish delivered some 30 min earlier and called over the waitress to say they had not touched it as it was not theirs . Waitress took dish inside , came back to give the same dish to us , really ?
Not up to standard in any way , a great disappointment

2  Thank Rene V
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

This was a fitting reward for a long day's drive when visiting Brisbane for work.

I was told on the phone that they had room but I'd need to finish by 7.45. OK. Iced water appeared, then my gyoza then Nabeyaki Udon. All delicious. Meanwhile the waitresses were literally running backwards and forwards ensuring no-one was kept waiting, all the time with smiles on their faces. They still made time to rearrange the seating and let me know I no longer had to rush. So I had a second glass of wine. As you do when you're keen to prolong a positive experience.