Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$151
Priceline
Destinia.comUS$165
1,058 results
All reviews boutique hotel free happy hour free mini bar loft room apple tv wickham terrace continental breakfast little extras beautiful hotel beautiful room valet parking coffee machine spring hill comfy bed alexa freebies minibar
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

We wanted to love this hotel, this no expense spared Art Deco styling and beautifully designed rooms we thought would be the perfect final stay from our Australia trip travels, we were very wrong.
We had been travelling for 3 months and had our dogs with us so picked the pet friendly rooms this hotel offered. Upon checkin we had our room total confirmed and were told they would hold $100 per night bond. Bit rough, given we’d extensively travelled all around the world and never been charged $300 bond for 3 nights on top of the booking total. Weirdly enough the bond wasn’t held in a separate transaction but was totalled to our booking fee as well.
The check in lady was nice enough and without anything else said we checked into our rooms and obviously being backwards and forwards the next few days with our dogs everyone was nice enough.
We checked out early in the morning and was not given a finalised receipt and was not emailed one despite asking for one at check out and again the following morning. Days later we were eventually emailed a receipt after the second phone call. The inchcolm had added $300 worth of ‘PET FEES’ pet fees that I find out are $80 per pet per night after the fact! pet fees that are NOT listed anywhere in the terms and conditions of booking a PET FRIENDLY room. Pet fees that BY LAW SHOULD be inclusive in a pet friendly room or AT THE VERY LEAST conveyed verbally to the guest upon check in. Oddly though we were not charged an additional $480 going by the hotels logic. We were charged just enough for them to keep the entirety of our bond.
At this very moment and 3 phone calls deep into their fraudulent activities I am yet to speak with a manager, yet to have any kind of logical explanation as to why this hotel thinks it can stick its hands into other peoples bank accounts and take whatever they want DESPITE being told days ago this matter would be corrected and rectified.
This hotel needs to be accountable, this hotels needs a financial investigation into obvious credit card fraud and this hotel needs lessons on the laws that govern the protection of consumer purchases and penalties that result in the falsification of room fees and intentionally misleading guests by drip feeding a multitude of fees that were never agreed upon and never transparent whether in writing or verbally.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emily Miller, General Manager at The Inchcolm by Ovolo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hey There N8105MUemilyj,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on the phone regarding the refund of the pet fees and your bond holding. I can totally understand that the fees would have come as a shock if you hadn't seen the Terms and condtions on booking.com. Apologies that the refund took over the weekend to be processed, depending on the bank indeed it can take a few days. As discussed on the phone, we are working with booking.com to specify more about the value of the fees.
We hope that we are able to welcome you and your furry friends back in the near future and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback so we can improve our communication to our guests.

Warm Regards,

Emily

Reviewed 23 February 2021

We had a delightful 5 night stay, we loved everything about the hotel. It was stylish and everything was perfect. Breaky was delish. Staff were all amazing but standouts were Ruben and Victoria who made us feel very welcome and relaxed!
I cant wait to come back to Brisbane to visit again and I will be recommending to everyone!

Room tip: exceeded expectations

Hey there 22rodda,

Wow what beautiful words for the team, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Ovolo Inchcolm. I am so glad we could go above and beyond. Rueben and Victoria and the Inchy team will be over the moon to hear you had such a fabulous stay with us!

Look forward to our quirky, stylish and never boring hotel.

Reviewed 22 February 2021

I have stayed at many hotels over the years, some I'd like to forget and others I'd love to go back to.
The Inchcolm is one I recently revisited after falling in love with this quirky individual some years ago.
My second visit stamped my rave reviews some years ago and I had to be picky to find a fault.
The service was first class, the continental breakfast was excellent and the location was perfect for a weekend in Brisbane.
I did take one star away due to the fact the shower needed some attention and I'm hoping that the staff look at room 303 to rectify the issue.
All in all I'd go back to the Inchcolm next time I need to stay in the city, it's a hotel that dumps the word bland and replaces it with a big slice of art deco excellence.

Hi There Peter,

How Fabulous to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us! We pride ourselves on being fun, caring, and never boring and glad to see that we defintley hit the mark on this occasion. We hope to welcome you back for many years to come and look forward to spoiling you. Apologies for concerns with the shower.

Reviewed 17 February 2021

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the lovely Inchcolm over the Valentine’s Day weekend. Emily, the very friendly and super-efficient GM, upgraded us to a suite which was much appreciated. All the staff are stars but a special mention has to go to Jeffrey who makes a killer cocktail and, despite a huge crowd at the bar at happy hour, delivered fantastic martinis with finesse. Breakfast was enormous and very yummy, the bed was super-soft and comfy and I loved having Alexa in the room to play whatever music we chose. The quirky touches in the hotel, free drinks in the mini bar, as well as the original lift and the beautiful bar and breakfast nook all add up to an amazing experience. We will be back.

Hi Princesspeers,

So fab to hear that you had a wonderful 2 night stay with us here at Inchy. Valentines day is a fantastic day to celebrate and so glad that we could make your experience one to remember from the cocktails, food, rooms and Jeffery, Emily and the team alike.

Hope to see you again soon.

General Manger

Reviewed 7 January 2021 via mobile

We had a little couples get away for a night and brought our husky Winter along. We honestly cannot say enough great things about this place, as hospitality workers ourselves we were absolutely blown away by the high standard of service and commitment shown to us by the team, not only towards us but to our fur baby as well. From beginning to end of our trip we were very well looked after, especially Winter with the little doggy bag treat that was left in the room for her, she was very spoilt! (The doggy bag included kibble, toys and yummy treats for her). The room we were in was absolutely stunning, the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. The room was so spacious and the amenities were to die for, especially the make your own cocktail gift left behind for us with a personalised card. Thank you to the entire team with special mention to Corey, Victoria and Emily who made us feel very welcome. We will definitely be staying there again!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly_Shahirah93
Emily Miller, General Manager at The Inchcolm by Ovolo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2021

Hi there Kimberley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such an awesome review. We are stoked that your stay was so Paw-Fect!
We loved the company of Winter too !
I have given Corey and Victoria a massive high five on your behalf and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Emily