“Great gluten free options at breakfast”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #28 of 170 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is on the Brisbane river which is a fantastic place to be if your into a walk or run before you start your day. Very impressed with the gluten free options for breakfast and the setup is very nice, with eggs prepared the way you like and brought to your table, unlike others places where you must stand around waiting. Overall a pleasant stay, rooms seems good but the shower has a a bit of a musty smell. They did seem a bit confused at reception regarding a shuttle service for a conference that was organised by the hotel itself, it would have been better if the staff had been properly informed so that the buses provided could have been taken advantage of by more patrons, I suspect they were mainly empty due to lack of communication. I stayed on the 21st floor in a city view room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Jason V – Thankyou for taking the time to review our Hotel. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. With the scenic river boardwalk right at our doorstep it really is ideal for our fitness conscious guests and paired with the healthy breakfast options in Motion Bar & Grill, a great way to start the day. I also note your comment regarding the shower in your room and this has been addressed by our housekeeping team. In relation to the shuttle service, while this was arranged by the conference organiser, I take your feedback on board in relation to communication on our end as to its availability. I appreciate your feedback and hope we may see you again soon!

Kind regards
James Ferguson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,720)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The first impression was amazing, the lady at the front desk (I wish I was better at obtaining and remembering names) calmed by frazzled nerves because I couldn’t find the vehicular entrance and took my car keys and arranged to move the rental car from the street in front of the hotel to the parking garage. She made me feel welcome in Brisbane and at the Marriott. The room on the 16th floor was large and comfortable and had a great view of the Brisbane river and one of the older bridges crossing the river, the executive lounge had an even better view of the river. The location of the hotel is superb, the concierge entrance is 50 feet from the river-walk where there is a plethora of restaurants and bars with food and drinks at all price ranges. The exercise room was excellent, with treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bicycles and a weight area. It was great to exercise in the early morning with the eastward facing windows open and the sun streaming in and lighting up the whole gym and a pleasant breeze blowing off the river.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Arrived early an was checked in with a smile, bags were already in my room. Great lunch and breakfast in their dining room which was economical in regards to Australia prices. Room had marble accents, great decor, wonderful bed, bathtub and shower, nothing but great comments. Pool and spa on the fourth floor were perfect as well. Great job Marriott!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have travelled the world and seen my share of hotels. I bought a night as a mystery deal for my spouse's birthday. We were given a river view room (twin beds as requested) and very friendly check in. Everything worked great. I suspect a few bathroom fittings need tightening but it was no biggie. The bathtub is lovely and deep and runs gorgeous bubbles. Room was elegant and pleasant. The view of the Storey Bridge at night and sunrise is simply spectacular!

Dinner 5 minutes walk down on Eagle St Pier. Breakfast a la carte downstairs was just beautiful. No tables available so we sat at long benches on red velvet padded high stools. TVs well placed, great coffee. We dragged breaky out to 90 minutes! As we were checking out shortly after we paid on the spot.

I noticed wheelchair folk in the restaurant, so I might bring my mother sometime. The staff are very helpful. I needed to phone someone from the lobby, no problem, they just dialled the number and left me to it.

I would rate our experience a 9/10.

Room Tip: River views are spectacular. There are double curtains to block sunrise for sleepy heads. (My spou...