“Wonderfull meaty ribs and wings!”

Pit Boss American Bbq
Ranked #1,602 of 5,115 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

I was not really a fan of American style food. But after eating at Pit Boss, I love it! Pitt Boss has a humble selection of tasty ribs and wings as well as pies. Orders are also quick to come out.
They are a small, popular venue and getting a seat might be tricky, so be prepared to opt for the takeawy option unless you've reserved a seat.

6  Thank Sketch7788

Reviewed 12 February 2015

Very casual easy going meal, but excellent BBQ Ribs that are huge. The Buffalo chicken wings won't dissapoint, they will take the skin off your mouth, well it felt that way at first. The corn was great, the U.S. of A chips covered in BBQ salt were just beautiful. It was great food at a reasonable price. BWS right beside where you sit so BYO is easy BUT these guys charge you $3 corkage and they handed me the opener to open my beers. A minor point I know as the food was great but hey guys get rid of the corkage.

4  Thank GregoryBBundaberg
Reviewed 10 February 2015

Went to have dinner at this restaurant tonight. 1 big table at the restaurant. Waited in a queue for around 15 minutes just to get to the counter to order. No staff brought a menu or asked whether I was dining in or taking away. Staff ushered customers that were behind me in the queue to a table and reserved it for them. Mildly frustrating... Canadian waitress behind the counter was friendly and efficient at taking my order. I ordered a pulled pork burger for $18.95 and a cheesy fries $8.95 (I added bacon to the fries but can't remember the extra cost). All washed down with an A&W root beer. Despite the annoying delay in taking my order the food came out relatively quickly. The pulled pork burger was not really work $18.95. The pulled pork itself was average (beautiful and moist but somewhat lacking in flavour). The bun and coleslaw were very average. For a premium price they could do something with the bun and make a better coleslaw.

The cheesy fries were below average too (at this stage not taking into account the large piece of plastic that the kitchen staff left for me as a surprise). The cheese was not all melted, the added bacon was not crispy as you would expect but barely cooked. Half way through the meal I almost chocked on a large piece of plastic that had found its way from the kitchen into my meal. When I complained, when I was leaving the Canadian waitress said "Oh, I am sorry". That was at least something, but no offer of a discount, refund or even a free drink or dessert. Apparently staff were not as sorry as I was for spending $34.90 on a terrible dining experience. American restaurants can be great fun with awesome food. If that is what you are looking for I would suggest going somewhere else. Plastic in food is never acceptable and the reaction I received was poor. Clearly plastic enhances other aspects of the human body but regrettably not the mouth or throat when it is in your food...

7  Thank Darren M