“Best Seafood Platter ever”
Review of Piato

Piato
Ranked #27 of 650 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Description: Bringing the joy of casual med dining to The Pier in Cairns, welcome to Piato! Piato, named after the Italian word for "plate", has a "big emphasis" on entrees and sharing good food with good friends and family! Three well respected hospitality veterans have blended their skills to bring a taste of the Mediterranean to Cairns' waterfront.
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The best Seafood platter ever for selection flavour and service. The bonus was the price. You will not be disappointed

yum098, Owner at Piato, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We think our seafood platter is pretty special as well. We love our seafood too, and have really great suppliers that help make the dishes we serve stand out in terms of flavour and freshness!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

After roughly a dozen visits here over the past few months, I'm ready to rate Piato as my favourite dining venue in Cairns, hands down.
The food has been consistently excellent (recommended - bugs, duck, steak), there have been no disappointments or so-so comments, and the service and hospitality have been outstanding. Perhaps it's the European professionalism .... anyway it’s what separates terrific restaurants from mere eating places.
You cant beat the view here (shared by all the tables), it's an easy location for pedestrians or use the undercover parking below the Pier, and the value equation certainly lines up. Quite simply, there are no drawbacks at all.

yum098, Owner at Piato, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review. Wow! What a great recommendation! I am so grateful that you wrote this review and I know we can trust that you will tell us if our standards ever slip - but we plan on keeping you as a loyal returning customer for a long time!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

First, let me start by saying WOW! This restaurant's staff and food make you want to come back here again. The owner Elie was fantastic as he made sure we were taken care of throughout our meal. The greek salad, salmon, barramundi, and lamb cutlet were delicious. For dessert, we order the baklava with ice cream and we were treated with some of Elie's homemade limoncello. Overall, this restaurant was great because it offers a change to the typical Australian food found at many other local joints. The restaurant is located along the boardwalk so it is a happening scene to dine in.

yum098, Owner at Piato, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review. If only we could leave everyone feeling this happy about their Piato dining experience! We aim to bring out the flavours of Mediterranean and Australian cuisine and yes, the salmon, barramundi and lamb cutlets are great examples of that. I am glad you liked my homemade limoncello. I wonder if I will have people asking for them after they read this?

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Food and service never disappointed me at Piato. They always seem to come up with what you want, they are putting a lot of effort in making your experience at Piato a pleasant one.

yum098, Owner at Piato, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you have enjoyed your three Piato experiences. We always aim to consistently deliver top notch food and service. I hope we will see you again!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We ate several, several times at Piato and the food was great. My husband and I truly enjoyed every meal we had there, lunch and dinner. Their Fillet and Prime Rib was soooooooo good and their apple pie is to die for. I do recommend this restaurant when visiting Cairns.

yum098, Owner at Piato, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review. Our steaks are getting rave reviews of late. We've always known we do great steaks here at Piato but because we cover so many different dishes here at Piato, I guess people have not associated us with top quality steaks and matching house made sauces. I used to own steakhouses so that's why... but we are a multi-dimensional restaurant here at Piato now with flavours and cuisine from all over the Mediterranean and Australia.