“Not Great”

Byblos Cafe
Ranked #447 of 667 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Service received was terrible, my coffee tasted like dishwater, when I politely advised the staff member he was totally rude. Menu is limited and unexciting. Wouldn't go back.

1  Thank NQTravellerCNS

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Byblos has now opened up new cafe on the corner of Aplin & Grafton Street, Being that they are literally a 2 minute walk from our office, my colleagues and I were pleased to know there was a cafe quite close to us. Unfortunately though ALL my colleagues that I have spoken to have not been pleased with what they have received, ranging from ordering toasted sandwiches and receiving it not toasted at all to hot drinks tasting bland. I went to to see if they had gotten better. Ordered a hot chocolate and it came out bland - the worst hot chocolate I have ever tasted from a cafe. I brought it back to the restaurant to tell the manager as I thought as a Business owner he'd appreciate and want to know. Straight away he was defensive, refused to do anything at all about it and was extremely rude! All this from me telling him that his chocolate was bland. Crappy food, crappy drinks and terrible customer service. I will now walk a block to Spoons cafe to get my hot chocolate fix.

2  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

The service was quick & the breakfast was cooked nicely. The coffee is ok but not any better than anywhere else around the place.
Pricing is fair at $12 for a basic English breakfast & a coffee.
I would come back if I was in need of a quick meal.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Best latte in cairns. The falafel on pita Bread was exactly what I expected. Open kitchen means you can see everything made freshly in front of you. Air conditioned in summer time and free wifi to patrons with the Bigpond connection.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Only due to Rex's being closed I tried Byblos. NEVER AGAIN. Order was stuffed up. Service was terrible and no attempt to remedy was made. Health inspectors could do well to look at the place too