“Sadly not gourmet”

Byblos Cafe
Ranked #427 of 638 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

They stated gourmet sandwiches but it was a poor selection of basic toasties with classic names at 9,90 each. The fries were oven cooked but only just, not crispy nor browned. Disappointed.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Our plane landed in Cairns at around 4.30am so before I left I searched for places that would be open around an hour or so after than this and Found Byblos advertising on online sites opening at 6.30am Even here at Trip Advisor) so we decided on this. After sorting our hire car we had a look around Cairns and drove to Byblos at 6.30am and not a sign of life, sign near door said opening hours from 7am so we drove around for a while and came back at 7.10am and still no sign of life so we found somewhere else at 7.30am

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Byblos Cafe was a stand-out amongst all the places eaten at during a recent holiday to Cairns. The falafel roll was only $7 and was fresh and delicious. The nammoura (and all the lovely-looking Lebanese desserts!) were also highlights. I preferred eating in the pleasant outdoor courtyard.

1  Thank Jasmine P
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I don't get it with these unkind reviews, I found this cafe to be excellent (especially the blonde waitress at its previous digs), The place is efficient, friendly, marvellous value, and the boss looks like Fred Mercury.
I'm up from Melbourne in August every year and would push over that huge monument in Martyn park if Byblos ever closed.

-Best bacon and eggs in Australia: Byblos cafe, Cairns, Queensland.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Service received was terrible, my coffee tasted like dishwater, when I politely advised the staff member he was totally rude. Menu is limited and unexciting. Wouldn't go back.

1  Thank NQTravellerCNS