“Simple But Tasty Lunch”

Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated at Marina Point, next to the Cairns Yacht Club facilities, Salt House is a unique dining, bar and entertainment venue offering a panoramic view of the ocean, marina and city on the waterfront in Cairns.
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Having just arrived in Cairns a couple of hours earlier, I decided to have a simple lunch. The lunch special at Salt House was just perfect. I had the fish and chips, along with a local beer. The portion was fairly large and tasty. For $20, the price was cheap for a restaurant by the water in a tourist city.

One complaint though. My wife ordered a lemon, lime & bitter with her lunch special but it tasted like water. I mentioned this to the staff upon paying for the meal and he apologised.

Hi ng_ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Sorry about your wife's drink, had we known earlier we could have replaced it for her, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit overall.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,274)

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Saltie is consistently good, I've had breakfast, lunch, dinner, bar snack and sometimes just drinks here. In fact I've tried everything from dinner in the private room, through all the menu to the excellent bar burgers and now the great pizzeria and tapas area. I've eaten alone, with friends, with family, work colleagues and for business! Drinks are great, food is awesome although a bit more variation on the main restaurant menu would be nice considering they have excellent chefs. Staff are nice but very hit and miss with friendliness particularly at the main bar. Great place, keep it up guys and girls!

Hi a_damn_fine_wine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It's great to hear that you enjoy our venue so much! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Live music. Location is great.. Service is excellent .. The food is pretty average.. For a $70 dinner for a steak and 2 glassess of fine you woud expect a nice dnner.I had steak in Watergate Port Douglas the night before.. Cannot compare ...

Hi atefc,

Thank you for your review. Sorry your meal was not as you expected, but we're glad to hear that you enjoyed our bar area.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Food is average and the staff are rude young girls that are just way too busy to smile or to help you out, also very rude phone manner. Such a shame really. As a local I would be embarrassed to bring my friends and family here.

1  Thank ERYNZ M

Hi ERYNZ M,

Thank you for your review, if you could please email me at restmanager@salthouse.com so I can hear more of your experience.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We had the lunch special which was very reasonably priced. The fish was way too salty and tasted aged ? Pulled pork was delicious. Drink prices not too bad.
For the price is was good but not great.

Hi Ngaireandjer,

Thanks for the review, sorry the coral trout was not to your liking but I am glad to hear that the rest of your experience was good.