US$125
US$188
US$271
US$150
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
US$152
US$137
Hilton
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$150
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$72
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$96
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$158
US$149
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$116
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$250/night.

2,435 results
All reviewsdouble treeholiday innbarramundiwarm cookiestour deskbottle shopocean viewbuffet breakfastexcellent locationtravel deskduty managerbit datedthe great barrier reefport douglascairns esplanadean upgradevisit cairns
Reviewed 6 February 2009

Stayed there for 1 night before picking up a caravan. Nice, clean hotel with helpful staff. Not a place to stay for a "sun&beach-vacation" - more recommended for business and short stopovers. Location is perfect - downtown Cairns. Good value. Remeber to go diving on the outer reef!

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 5 February 2009

We stayed four nights at the Holiday Inn Cairns and were very pleased with all aspects of the hotel. We really enjoyed the pool after a long day in the heat and humidity. Every employee we came in contact with were friendly and eager to assist us with our questions. Make sure you attend the Barimundi feeding!!

We were upgraded to an upper floor with a great view of the Tasman Sea.

The location is perfect. The key shopping area, Esplanade, is within easy walking distance.

We would definitely stay here again, if given the chance. However, we would probably visit during a cooler part of the year.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2009

We arrived late at night and were not in a fit state to really enjoy this hotel. The hotel room was big and airy, and also very clean. The only problem with the room was that the entrance to the bathroom was raised above floor level and I kept stubbing my toe on the lip. I woke up in the morning to birds chirping outside the window. Since I an a bird lover I was thrilled! Every morning I would walk next to the ocean and see more birds than I would at the average zoo. The breakfast buffet was quite nice and featured Japanese and "American" food. The concierge service was nice and they turned us onto some nice Great Barrier Reef cruises like Sunlover. I really liked this hotel and would strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HICairns, Paul McMurray - Business Development Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2009

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Cairns and for taking the time to pass on your positive feedback. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay despite being very tired.

I definitely agree with you that walking along the Esplanade in the morning is great and the number of birds out at that time is just fantastic.

I was also glad that you enjoyed the high level of service and product, from our staff and your breakfast each morning. This feedback will be passed on to the team. I will also pass on to our maintenance team your feedback regarding the raised step between the bathroom and the bedroom.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the very near future when you are next in Australia and Cairns.

Reviewed 31 December 2008

Another great Holiday Inn. Great Location - very easy to access to everything in Cairns. Excellent food. Excellent Room. I picked a Ocean View room and this was worth it as the view from the balcony was excellent. Pool also very good.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank NZ01
HICairns, Paul McMurray - Business Development Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2009

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and I appreciate the time you have taken to pass on your experience.

I am glad to read that you so enjoyed your stay and you were able to take advantage of the location, food and view the hotel has to offer.

We pride ourselves for being highly commended for our high level of service and product which you were able to experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Cairns on your next visit to Cairns.

Reviewed 16 December 2008

Stayed here for 4 nights in November 2008 as part of a month long trip around Australia and New Zealand. Managed to get a good rate at this hotel by booking well in advance but I was a little anxious after reading the reviews on here about the quality of the hotel but I shouldn't have worried.

We were met by the porter on arrival and I was initially impressed by the lobby area. As I have a platinum Priority Club card my room was upgraded to a high floor room with a nice view free of charge. Not all hotels do this and I was more than happy with the room I was given for the price paid. The bathroom had obviously been recently refurbished but the rest of the room could do with a slight refresh but nothing too urgent. The view was of the mountains in the distance, waterfront and cairns itself and was very nice.

I've previously stayed at the Shangri-La hotel in Cairns which is much more expensive but I'd say the location here is almost as good as it's not right in the centre of town which gets pretty hectic. It's only a 5 minute walk away though.

The pool area is also nice if not a little too small (loungers frequently taken) but the major downside here is the building works going on right next to it. I couldn't see or hear this from my room but I'm sure plenty of the other rooms could.

Couldn't fault the staff here: the night shift manager was great as were the front desk staff and the maids. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank liamuk2
HICairns, Paul McMurray - Business Development Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2008

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback we really do appreciate the time you have taken to pass on your experience.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your upgrade to a high floor room. As you mentioned the lobby and bathroom have all been refurbished. This work was all part of a multi million dollar refurbishment which included a upgrade of all the guest rooms bathrooms to feature a new contemporary modern bathroom. Together with the updated bathrooms also saw a full refresh of the hotels exterior and redesign of the lobby and restaurant. This has enhanced the arrival experience and ambiance of the hotel by using contemporary decor and modern furniture.

We pride ourselves for being highly commended for our high level of service and value for money that I am glad that you were able to see this with your experience in our staff being the night shift manager, front desk staff and our room attendance, plus with your overall experience at the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel hopefully in the near future.