2,492 results
All reviews double tree holiday inn barramundi warm cookies tour desk bottle shop ocean view buffet breakfast excellent location travel desk duty manager bit dated the great barrier reef port douglas an upgrade cairns esplanade visit cairns
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Even though this hotel is rated 5 star the experience to stay was very average. Bathroom need a renovation. No hair fan available. The bed not very comfortable either. However very friendly staff everywhere.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
doubletreecairns2017, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Hello Natalia V,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor and provide some constructive feedback. I do apologise that you did not find the quality of the hotel up to the DoubleTree by Hilton benchmark. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to my attention- I will pass your comments onto our team to investigate further so we can prevent any recurrences. I hope we you consider staying with us in the future to deliver a more positive experience.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Friendly and helpful staff, loved the indoor courtyard greenery. The bed was really comfortable but I found the bathroom was quite small and poky. The hotel is in an excellent location, within close walking distance to the main esplanade and restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the water provide a lovely view to wake up to
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
doubletreecairns2017, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you JayHitch for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay along with a great staff experience! I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I had a nice one night stay at the Double Tree Hilton. I arrived a bit early, so my room was not ready, but the hotel stored my things. My room was clean and comfortable and the hotel was located within walking distance of several restaurants. Perfect for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time! I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The staff could not have done enough for us during our stay, what ever we needed was dilivered to us within 5mins
The pool area was very clean and the staff in the bottle shop were very obliging as well. I would highly recommend staying there

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
doubletreecairns2017, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Excellent Hotel and Staff!! Beautiful Courtyards with Fish ponds. Great Pool and Hot Tub. Kid Pool Clean Rooms and Comfortable Beds. Great Location! Couldn't be any better! Does not provide free shuttle service to and from the airport.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.